Chapter Ten Stolen Hearts and Broken Promises

'I had awoke the next morning lying beside him, only wearing his boxers, I had taken hold of his hand, his arm wrapped around my waist, Marco had woken up, gently brushing his lips to my ear, I turn to face him, smiling at me...' "Did we--?" I asked "Yeah we did. You were all over me, cariña." Marco said "Who was kissing whose neck? You were all over me." I said "Tell yourself whatever you need to, mami." Marco said "No way, you started the steam fest in Wilfred's office." I said playfully punching him in the shoulder "Your sister, she barely touched me. But you hit all the right places." Marco said "Okay, it was a beautiful experience, don't make it sound like a perverse one night stand, usted no tiene que ser un perro tan cuerno." I said "A horn dog? Alright, I walked into that one." Marco said "Señor Gutierrez-- Oh, Lo siento." Gomez said "Gomez, if something is tied to the office door, don't enter. Got it? I'll be out in a second. Let me just get dressed." Marco said, closing the door "I'm sorry, spending the night in my stepdad's office was a bad idea." I said, pulling on my faded ripped jeans and slipping into my heels after buttoning my blouse and fixing my hair "I can't believe we did that." Marco said "You gave me what Rick didn't." I said "So, he never--" Marco trailed off "Oh, he did, just with my cousin. The two-timing tramp. She was always jealous of me and always stole the men I had, ever since middle school." I said "Esa puta. You did better than that jerk fiancé of yours." Marco said "Even though you're my ex brother-in-law, and at first, I was afraid of you, but then you protected me from Jared and the fear just vanished. And I saw you as a person, and not just a wanted fugitive." I said "You were never scared, two weeks ago you charged at me trying to knock a gun from my hand that showed you were strong." Marco said "I thought that after Rick, I would never feel the need to love again, but somehow you changed that; who'd have thought it would take three weeks with my ass locked in a jewelry store to figure it out." I said "You want me to zip you up?" Marco asked "If you wouldn't mind..." I said pulling my hair up 'Marco had then held the fabric of my dress with one hand and slowly zipped up with the other, I then nestle my head against the side of his neck, caressing his face as I turned to face him, Montoya had then knocked on the office door, as we slowly pulled away from one another, I let my hair fall, as I make my way from the office as Montoya had entered..' "Was I interrupting anything, sir?" Montoya asked "No, I was just helping her zip up her dress, Montoya." Marco said "Madre de Dios. You slept with her, didn't you?" Montoya asked with adolescent-like curiosity "Escuche, I don't have to explain my romantic affairs to you, or Gomez, alright, are we clear?" Marco said "Crystal.."Montoya said nodding his head 'It was then that I heard sirens in the distance, Police had surrounded the store.. I had peered outside the gate as the chief and his partner were approaching the store.. Damn, Wilfred was not supposed to send the police.. If Marco were to find out about Wilfred breaking his end of the deal, we would be eternally and royally screwed...'

~End of Chapter 10~