The One part 2

Three days passed as Sunday approached. I was nervous but excited at the same time . It was Sunday and I had come to a decision.

I was dressed in a black high-low dress that had black lace over top of a tame yellow. The front stopped three inches above my knees and the back tampered down to gently brush the ground with a sash around the waist the same yellow as the dress. I paired it with black flats and my full moon necklace.

I loved the dress because it was simple yet elegant and everytime I walked, the back kind of swayed

I loved the dress because it was simple yet elegant and everytime I walked, the back kind of swayed. It reminded me of a princess dress. I walked over to the Reagan's and entered.

The house smelled great with the mouthwatering aroma of Italian food wafting through my nostrils. As I walked in, I was greeted by Nicky who pulled me into a hug which I eagerly returned. We both entered the dining room talking about a big project Nicky was working on for school.

"I don't know if I should use glitter in my border or to hand draw it!" "Glitter might be a little too extreme not to mention messy and if you would like, I could draw the border for you? Just bring me the board and let me know what you want." Her eyes shined with happiness as a smile spread across her face,"That would awesome aunt Thea! You wouldn't mind would you?"

"Of course not Nik! Just let me know when you want to work on it and I'll come over or you can come over." I looked around to see the whole family was there except Jamie and Sydney.

"Hey Thea.", everyone greeted and came over to hug me. "Where are Jamie and Sydney?" "Oh they're on their way." "Smells good."

"It better, I made it surprisingly.", Danny said proudly. "Oh Lord, let's hope we don't get food poisoning.", Joe and I joked.

Danny just pulled me into a hug and gave me a playful noogie. "Hey! Not the hair you big oaf." Everyone just laughed. Soon we sat down to have dinner, it was getting late and we couldn't wait much longer for the other two.

"Well tonight is not just any regular Sunday Dinner. Tonight we are going to celebrate Thea and her graduation." At that, the table busted into excitement and memories were brought up.

Henry brought up the time I laughed so hard at Jamie after he got his tooth pulled I peed my pants. "Henry! We promised not to bring that up again.", I said laughing causing everyone else to bust out laughing.

And that's how the rest of dinner progressed with talk of memories and all my accomplishments; top of class, valedictorian and voted most likely to succeed. No one commented on the fact that Jamie and Sydney never arrived. It hurt that my best friend couldn't even bother to call and say they couldn't make it. As dinner came to a close I looked at Frank and he nodded.

"Excuse me everyone but I believe that Thea has some important news to share." Everyone's atention turned to me as I said,"So as you all know, I've graduated and my next step is college. I've applied to some colleges and got accepted to the one I wanted. However it is all the way out in Virginia." "Well Bean what school is it?Also congrats." "I've been accepted to George Mason University and I leave in three weeks to get settled."

When I finished everyone jumped up to give me a hug and congratulate me. "Congrats Bean, I'm proud of you. So go make us proud even more yeah?" "Don't forget to visit." And with that the night blurred into happiness but I couldn't bury the emptiness I felt due to my best friend not being here to share this new chapter in my life.

The weeks passed by after that until it came to the last Sunday Dinner. I hadn't heard or seen Jamie in those weeks before my departure and I knew leaving would be the best thing for me. In all my years, I never thought a girl would come between me and my best friend. I thought our friendship meant more but I was obviously wrong.

I arrived at the Reagan's, the back of my car filled. I would be driving to Fairfax, Virginia and my apartment that awaited me.

"We're going to miss you sweetheart.", Linda said as she hugged me. "I will miss you guys also." Jamie and Sydney arrived shortly after me and everyone sat down to dinner, grace was said and dinner commenced.

After dinner was done and the table was cleared, I looked at my phone to check the time and saw it was time for me to head out. "Well I guess I better hit the road if I want to arrive in timee for school." Everyone's expression sobered but Jamie's whose expression was one of confusion.

"What do you mean? I thought you were attending New York City University?" "No I am attending George Mason in Virginia. Which you would have known had you actually tried talking or anwering my calls.", I snapped, all the anger and sadness from being ignored and tossed aside reached the surface.

"Really? You're going to blame this on me? I thought we were friends." "You don't get to say that Jamison Michael Reagan! I have stuck by you though everything and the past two years you have slipped away from me. And for what, some bitch? Our friendship obviously doesn't mean much to you. You let me get tossed aside come graduation. I bet you didn't notice me running from the building crying my eyes out. You stopped talking to me even when I tried. So don't you fucking dare say that to me!", by the end of my rant the whole family was in the room.

I had tears pouring out of my eyes and Jamie didn't know what to say. "I'm not a bitch you little slut. It doesn't matter what she thinks Jamie." I turned to them and said," I hope you have a wonderful life together. And yes, I called you a bitch Sydney. I call it as I see it. As for me being a slut that would require me to have boyfriends and do more than kissing which I've had neither of. You might want to know what you're saying before you say it. And Jamie, I thought I'd let you know that she's just controlling you. I bet she was the one to convince you to become a Lawyer and apply to Harvard because I remember you talking to me about policing and being excited to be a cop just like your grandfather, dad, and brother."

With that I turned to the family and apologized for the scene I caused and left the house saying I would come visit when I got the chance and that I'd call. As I stepped outside, I felt the tears spill quickly down my cheeks, slight whimpers escaping.

I heard the front door open and footsteps rushing towards me. I didn't stop, just continued towards my car. "Thea wait!", I stopped but didn't turn towards him. "What do you want Jamison?", I asked, anger lacing my tone.

"I-I just wanted to apologize. I haven't been the best of friends lately and I don't want to leave us like this." My heart gave a pang at the phrase 'us'.

I turned towards him then and whispered," You're too late. I waited and waited thinking I MATTERED TO YOU! I WAITED TWO YEARS BUT YOU WERE NEVER THERE."

I turned back around, got in my car and left, never looking back. However, I missed the look of heartbreak that was Jamie's expression and the tears silently falling down his cheeks.

For once he was the one crying themself to sleep.