Attack On Reagans

Thea was walking down the streets of New York when she was pulled into an alley. Before she knew what had happened she got punched in the face, causing her to fall to the ground and let out a small whimper. While she was on the ground her attacker started kicking her repeatedly in the torso. She let out an ear-splitting scream when she felt her ribs crack. "Stupid Reagan Bitch. Tell your boyfriend Jamie Reagan and the other gangsters in your family, that the police reign and brutality is over." Tears fell down her face as excruciating pain tore through her beaten and bruised body.

  Despite being in pain, she got her phone and took pictures of her assailant while they were turning away. She only caught unusually green eyes, tan skin and oily black hair before the person ran off. She shakily stood up and hobbled out of the alley. No one had come to help and no one asked if she was okay. She hailed a taxi and asked to be taken to the nearest hospital. Every bump or slight movement sent even more sharp pain through her body. It took everything in her to not cry out in pain. Once she arrived she paid and walked as fast as her ribs would allow her.

  Once inside she was approached by as nurse and rushed into a room. Once she was in the room she was attended to. They couldn't do anything about her black eye but they could wrap her ribs and prescribe a small dosage of pain medication and sent her on her way, telling her to stay in bed and keep movement to a very small minimum. She got home and immediately went into a small panic attack. How do I tell Jamie? I can't tell Jamie!

  She didn't know what to make of the whole attack. She couldn't think of a reason as to why she was attacked in the first place. She was to meet the family for dinner and was scared. She looked at the clock and saw it was time for her to head over to Frank's house. She rushed to the bathroom and tried to cover the bruise. It didn't fully mask the bruise but it whouldn't be noticed unless one looked closely. She walked outside to hail a taxi and kept a straight face despite the horrible pain radiating in her torso.

  She arrived at the house and walked in. Linda saw her and greeted her with a hug. Thea tensed slightly and there was a hitch in her breathing. Linda being the trained nurse she was pulled back and looked worriedly at her.
"Thea. What's wrong? Where are you hurt?"
Thea didn't answer. "Thea please tell me what's wrong?"
"I got attacked earlier today.", Thea whispered.
"Guys get in here!", Linda called as she wet a washcloth and began to lightly wipe at the make-up on her face. She had noticed the slight discoloration.

   Everyone came into the room. "What's wrong Lin-", Frank came into the room followed by the rest of the Reagans but stopped when he saw Thea's face.
"What happened?", Jamie rushed towards her and wrapped an arm around her waist and one hand gently clasping her face. She flinched and cried out causing Jamie to immediately pull back.

"Something's wrong with her ribs. I believe some may be either broken or fractured.", Linda replied.

  "Kids go into the family room for a bit.", Frank told the kids. They went, each gently patting her hand silently telling her they're sorry for what happened.

"The, lift your shirt up please so we can see.", Jamie pleaded. She could see the worry in his light eyes. She turned her face as she began to lift her shirt slightly. Jamie went to unwrap the bandages but stopped, "May I?" Thea nodded and Jamie gently unwrapped the bandages to reveal the dark purple and blue splotches on her sides. Everyone sucked in a breath. Jamie couldn't believe what he was seeing; his beautiful Thea, all bruised and battered.
"How did this happen?", he asked through gritted teeth while very lightly brushing his fingers across the bruising.

Tear pricked her eyes as she replied, "I-I was was walking home when someone pulled me into an alley and attacked me."

"They, they didn't sexually assault you did they?", Jamie hestitantly asked.

"N-no. The person punched me and kicked me. They said 'Stupid Reagan Bitch. Tell your boyfriend Jamie Reagan and the gangsters in your family, that the police reign and brutality is over.' What does that even mean?"

Frank, Danny and Jamie looked at each other with matching angry looks. "Reverend Potter has taken this too far. The attacks have became physical and that's where I draw the line.", Frank said as he turned to go make a call.

  "What does he mean by that Jamie?", Thea asked slightly hysterical. Jamie didn't answer. He just rewrapped the bandages and tugged her shirt back into place.

  "Jamison, I deserve an answer." Danny, Linda, Erin and Henry left to give them some privacy.

  "Our family is under fire from that Reverend Potter we've had problems with and this other guy. I was protecting a mother and her child from being hit by a biker when I pulled the guy off his bike. Someone only caught half the altercation and everyone is saying our family is filled with gangsters and the NYPD is filled with police brutality. I'm under surveillance for the whole thing but you being attacked takes everything too far.", Jamie said while clasping your face gently in his hands. "I'm so sorry Thea. You shouldn't be targeted for this.", he said sadly kissing her forehead lovingly.

  "Oh Jams. It's not your fault. I have good news though I got pictures of the person." She showed him the pictures and the perp was caught and prosecuted. Thea testified and won over the jury. Her ribs mended beautifully after Jamie and Linda forced her into bed rest with a strict 'no excessive movement'. Which for Jamie and Thea meant no late night love-making sessions.

Though Thea certainly made sure they made up for it. It's safe to say that she couldn't walk properly through the house the entire next day but was thoroughly satisfied.