Surprise Surprise

Imagine: telling Jamie you're pregnant

Kids. You had always wanted them. You knew Jamie did too but you had only been engaged for four months now. You weren't expecting to be expecting so soon. You were ecstatic but worried about how Jamie and the other Reagans would take the news. Jamie had decided to take a few extra hours and was afraid it was putting a strain on your relationship.
He was exaggerating, because there was no strain on your relationship till now. That's what led you to your excessive pacing in your apartment while you waited on the pregnancy tests results. You had missed your period and didn't know what to do so you waited a few days to see if it was just a fluke because it had happened before where your menstrual cycle was later than usual.
Once it was clear you weren't having mother nature's monthly visit, you panicked and called the first female who popped into your head: Linda.
As soon as she heard the slight panic in your voice, she told you to stay put and rushed over to see you. Luckily Jamie was out on patrol and wouldn't be home for a bit. "(Y/N) what's wrong hun? Are you hurt?" "N-no. I-I'm.... not fine. I missed my period and I think I'm pregnant but I'm so scared.", and then the waterworks began. Linda pulled you towards the couch and you two sat as she pulled you into a loving motherly embrace. She let you cry into her shoulder as she stroked your hair murmuring calming words.
Once the tears subsided, she gently wiped your tears away and smiled at you. "To be sure, let's go get some tests. I'll be here with you every step of the way. As for being scared that's normal for first-time mothers. I was that way and so was Erin." With those encouraging words she led you outside and you went to the closest drug store and bought four pregnancy tests. You also purchased a bottle of water to drink to speed up the process.
By the time you made it back to the apartment, the water was working its magic and you had to pee. You rushed to the bathroom where you, for the first time ever, peed on a stick, say that five times fast. You went about business and laid the sticks on the counter to do whatever sticks that have been urinated on, do.
You left the bathroom after washing your hands and began pacing. Linda let you pace, she knew that in stressful situations it's best to let you do what you needed to figure things out and when you needed help, you'd ask. She was secretly happy to have another niece or nephew. Plus, she knew you and Jamie would make wonderful parents, if how you two interacted with her kids and Nikki were anything to go by. It seemed you both had natural maternal and paternal instincts.
The allotted time for the tests passed and Linda walked over to you. You grasped her hand. "I'm nervous and scared. What if I'm pregnant and Jamie doesn't want him or her? What if he leaves me? What if we're not good parents? What are the others going to think?" Linda laughed lightly. "Oh (Y/N) you worry for nothing. It's okay to feel all these emotions but know this: Jamie loves you and if you are pregnant he will love this baby or babies because you helped make them, not to mention he'd have a kid of his own to spoil. As for being parents you both will do a perfect job, look at how you are with my kids and Nikki. The others will be happy for you. Don't tell anyone I told you this, but Francis has been dying for another grandchild and you know the others will be happy for you two. So just take a deep breathe and let's go check these tests!"
For the first time that day, a smile graced your lips. When you checked the tests, sure enough a little Jamie would be entering the world soon. Despite your earlier nerves you couldn't help but feel love and joy spread and infuse your being. The child growing inside you would end up being one of the best things to ever happen to you. You jumped into Linda's arms as you two yelled in excitement and spun around like two teenagers.
"Wait how are you going to tell Jamie?"
"Father's day is what, tomorrow? I could get him a card with a note from our child. That way I could tell everyone at once and make it special. What do you think?"
"I think that's great and don't worry my lips are sealed. So what do you say, want to go pick out a father's day card with me? I have to get ones for Henry, Francis and
Danny."
"Sure! I'll have to get them cards too."
And off you went again but this time with a spring in your step and joy in your heart. 
Once you had the cards in hand, you and Linda split ways and you headed home to prepare dinner, the cards and to dispose of the tests except one which would Jamie's present. Sounds stupid right, who would want a peed on stick for a present but this was ordinary pee stick, this pee stick  held a bright and wonderful future.
When Jamie came home that night he noticed a glow about you that hadn't been there before but let you be. He had no clue what was ahead.
That next day you headed over to the Reagan house for Father's Day Dinner. After dinner, everyone headed into the living room for gifts. Everyone passed around the cards and gifts but you saved yours for last. Once you had given Francis, Henry and Danny there's you looked over to Linda ,who winked, and you pulled out a little purple box with a blue ribbon attached with a small card underneath.
"I have one last thing to give out.", You said as you approached Jamie. You handed him the box and he looked at it in confusion. He pulled the card out and read it aloud.
"I know this is early but I already know you're going  be the best dad ever. Can't wait to see you. Happy Father's day."  He looked to you, wonder filled his eyes. "Is this serious?" You only replied with, "Open the box."
He wasted no time and opened the box to find a pregnancy test with a pink little plus sign.
"You're- we're gonna be-", he didn't finish the sentence as he jumped up and hugged you, pressing a kiss to your lips. "Yes. You, Jamie, are going to be a dad and a damn good one." Tears lightly filled his eyes as he held you close. The entire living room erupted into cheers and happy remarks as everyone joined in a family hug sending you and Jamie congratulations. No one could tell who was happier, Francis or Jamie. And it was the first of many amazing father's days in the Reagan household.

Author here. Hope you e noted this installment. Have a wonderful day or night.
-Chloe