The One part 5

And another few years passed in a blur of Christmases, Thanksgivings and birthdays. Jamie and I grew closer than ever meaning my love for Jamie grew and Jamie slowly started to realize he was falling for me. It wasn't until he announced that he was going to enter the police academy that he started to realize and question how much Sydney truly loved him.

He announced it over Thanksgiving dinner, which I was obviously there for. I was the first one out my seat to give him a hug, much to Sydney's annoyance. She figured out I was in 'love love' with Jamie by the way I held him to me as if I would lose him. It stung her heart but she could tell they just weren't working but would try to fix what she could. A year later I got a call from Frank that Jamie was graduating from the academy. I was excited and no sooner after I finished the call with Frank, Jamie called.

"I'm graduating Thea! I can't believe it. I am going to be a cop and I am going to make Joe proud of me. The ceremony is the 7th of September. Can you make it?" I decided to play a cruel and slightly true joke on him so I could surprise him with a visit.

"Oh man Jams. I wished I could make it but I have two really big tests I can't make up if I miss them. Not to mention they're for my degree. I am so sorry. How bout I come up there tomorrow? I'll have to leave early the next day to make it in time to study." "Oh, that's fine. I'll just uh have to see you after then because Sydney and I have a date tomorrow. Things between us have been kind of rocky lately."

He sounded disappointed but I could take it because the expression on his face when I'm there will be worth it; I'm sadistic sue me. "Well then I guess I'll see you then.", with that we both said goodbye and hung up. You see I did in fact have tests for both Psychology and Criminology but the Psych wasn't until tomorrow and the Crim test was three hours away from that moment in time.

I was actually doing some quick studying for the Crim test when they called. Yes that was a risky move to pull considering but I knew what Jamie would say. The hours passed and I took my Crim test and then headed to the closest StarBucks from my apartment. I decided to call Frank to let him in on my plan so he could help me carry it put, plus I wanted to know what all was going on woth Jamie and Sydney. See Jamie was a big daddy's boy and told him everything.

I arrived and ordered a grande hot chocolate; I'm not a big coffee person. I took a seat at a table for two facing the street so I could watch people and cars pass by, I pulled out my laptop to work on a story I was currently writing in my free time and called Frank. I told Frank exactly what I told Jamie but that I would actually be flying out there the day before so I could make it in time to see graduate. I asked him not to tell anyone so it could be a surprise.

He agreed but told me next time not to play with Jamie's emotions like that; like the stern loving fatherly figure he was. Two hours and all my hot choclate later, I was off back to my apartment to study for my Psych test and book my plane ticket. The ticket I purchased was for a flight that didn't leave until a good four hours after my test, leaving me plenty of time to pack and double check to see if I packed all I'd need.

The next day rolled around and I completed my Psych test, grabbed some lunch from Panera and started to pack. I packed a few pairs of black ripped skinny jeans, a few long sleeved black and grey V-necks, a pair of black stilettos, a midnight blue dress for the ceremony and some sleepwear (this time I remembered to pack some sleeping shirts).

I also threw in my hair products: shampoo, conditioner, coconut oil, body wash and dental hygiene stuff. I was prepared and by the time I was to leave for the airport, I had double checked and made sure everything I needed was packed, especially the NYPD shirt I made Jamie, not the best gift but Jamie and I were both happy with small gifts with big and thoughtful meaning.