"A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step" Too Bad I Broke My Leg

A/N: GREETINGS YOUNG ONEs. speaking of young ones... i started this story a long time ago, when i was barely even a functioning human being, let alone a good writer. so yeah. that explains alllll this *gestures to entire story* (Hiccup voice: "But you just gestured to all of me...")
PS: Annie is supposed to be a spoiled brat who's thoughts are annoying at the beginning. So uh, don't judge her and the narrative style too quickly. :)
Thank you, good night.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Too bad I broke my leg

"This is all your fault!" I said again for the umpteenth time tonight. I stormed through the front door—well, as best as you can while on crutches—into our house. My parents sighed and followed me inside.

                "Annie..." they sighed in unison.

                "Don't try to act like it's not your fault!" I turned to look at them. "You should have waited until AFTER the big game to RUIN my life!"

                "Stop being so overdramatic," my Dad said calmly, but that only made me angrier.

                "NEVER talk to me again!" I shouted and then wobbled my way up the stairs.

                Slamming the door behind me, I threw my stupid crutches on the ground and flopped onto my bed.

                My life is officially over! 

I bet your wondering what happened, well, I am too. It all just happened so fast, I haven't even processed it properly. But I guess I'll start at the beginning.

                I was born a perfect, beautiful, angel. I grew up, and to my surprise I became even better! In high school I'm the most popular girl in school, I'm the prettiest and I have the hottest boyfriend. How could life get even better? Yet it did. I was also the head cheerleader. You're pretty jealous now aren't you? Yeah well, I would be if I wasn't me, too.

                All that is over now, because of what my parents did tonight.

                It was the last and the biggest football game of the year, against our school's rival team. We were warming up for the game, stretching and what not, when my parents came over to me. They both look super happy so I was thinking they're just going to congratulate me on how awesome the squad looks.  But they don't.

                "There's something we need to tell you, Annie!" my Mom said excitedly. I waited, as my parents shared a glance and then turned to me again. "We're moving!"  I froze. "It's going to be a nicer house, oh you'll love it Annie! It's even got a pool in the backyard and—"

                "You're kidding me, right?" I stared at them. They could not do this to me, I was their daughter!

                "Honey," they sighed, "we knew you weren't going to be happy right away, but you'll—"

                "We are not moving," I told them folding my arms across my chest.

                "It's already decided," my Dad told me, "in fact, you need to be packed up by next Thursday."

                "WHAT!?" I screeched, drawing attention to myself. "We're moving in less than a week and you didn't tell me until now!?"

                "We knew you'd take it like this..." my Mom murmured, her eyes watering.

                "This is ridiculous," I scowled. "You're just being jerks, we're not moving. That is final." And I stomped off. Throughout the entire game, I couldn't focus on what we were doing. When the time came for us to do the human pyramid, I was completely losing it.  My parents couldn't be serious, right? Why would we move? My whole life was here!