10%

Topic: when you get mad at him.
__________________________

Hayes( age 12 )
You had just come home from school and greeted your parents. Afterwards you went upstairs and then up some more stairs and headed towards the movie room.

You sat on one of the comfy red chairs in the front row and picked a movie to watch by yourself. After debating to yourself about which movie to see, you decided to watch The Purge: Anarchy.

You went to go make some popcorn while it loaded and ran into your older brother Nash in the kitchen. "Hey midge." That was his nickname for you. I guess you could say it was kinda short for midget.

"Hey Nash." You said. You didn't really have a nickname for him. "What you up to?" He asked. "Does it matter?" You asked. He leaned against the counter. "I'm sorry I asked. I'm just making sure you're not texting any guys I don't know in particular. It's called being a good brother." He smiled like he was being sarcastic.

You got out a popcorn bag and took it out and unfolded it. You put it in the microwave and set it for 3 minutes. You looked back at Nash.

You smiled, with a very sarcastic one that is. "It's called staying out of my business." You said. "Ok forget I asked." He put his hands up in defense. You sighed. "I'm sorry Nash. It's just that I have this big project that's due tomorrow and I've barely started." You explained.

"How much is barely?" He asked looking up at you. "I bought the display board and only have my name written on it." You said. "Well don't you think you should be doing that right now in stead of making popcorn?" He asked.

"True. But I was just gonna go watch a movie." You said. "That can wait. What's more important is you finish this." He said. "You're not my mom." You argued. "I'll give you 20 bucks." He bargained. "Deal." You said almost instantly. He chuckled. He took out the 20 and gave it to you.

The microwave beeped signaling that the popcorn was done. You took it out and was about to open it when Nash snatched it out of your hand. "Hey give it back." You said. "Food is always a distraction. So I'll take it." He said.

"Fine. I'll be in my room." You said and headed up the stairs towards your room. You went in and took the display board that you put inside the closet and set it down on the floor. You got everything you needed to put this project together and started. The topic you needed to do yours on was Whales.

For the next 3 hours you were doing research on whales and printing out photos of them and gluing them onto the board. You decided to take a break and headed downstairs for a snack. Nash was in the living room watching tv.

"How's the project going?" He asked. "Good." You smiled. You walked into the kitchen and got some chips and headed back upstairs. When you went in your room Hayes was looking at your board.

"What are you doing?" You asked. "Just looking. It's nice." He complimented. He had a bottle in his hand and the lid was open. "Can you not get too close to it? You're gonna spill all that water onto it." You said.

"Relax." He said. He turned around to look at you but he had slipped causing all the water to come spilling onto your board. All the hours spent working on it. The research. All the printing. What a waste.

"No no no no no." You said as you picked up the bottle that was still pouring out water. You set it down on your desk and went over to your board and picked it up and put it on your bed. All the photos you had printed were soaking wet. Half the board was covered in water that would take hours to dry.

"Look what you did." You said looking over at Hayes. He had gotten up by the time you were already trying to save the board. "Ok I know it's bad. But it can dry in a few hours." He tried to assure. "I don't have hours. I'm not even finished. It's already 8. 8!" You yelled the last part.

"Calm down." He said reaching for your hand. "Don't tell me to calm down when you're not the one who's been working on it for the last 3 hours!" You yelled. You didn't let him grab your hand. Instead you pushed him out the door with his water and slammed the door in his face.

You slid down the door, groaning as you did, hugged your knees while thinking about how you'll get an F on this if you don't do something about it. Then someone knocked on your door. "Who is it?" You asked rather rudely.

"It's Nash." He said through the door. You got up and opened the door. "What happened? I heard you yelling at Hayes. Next thing I know is I hear a slam and Hayes walking out the door with the car keys." He explained.

"He ruined my project that's what." You said as you showed it to him. "I haven't even finished it and it'll take hours to dry. I don't have time." You sighed. "Have some hope." Nash assured.

"Go away Nash. I wanna be alone." You said as you fell back on your bed. He walked out the door closing it behind him. Then someone knocked on the door again. "Nash I said go away!" You whined.

"It's not Nash." Hayes said. "You too Hayes! Go away!" You whined again. He opened the door and came in. Nash, lock the door next time you thought. "What do you want? Here to mess up my board some more?" You asked.

"Don't be like that. And it was an accident." He said. "I'm sorry I ruined it. Really I am. But I can make it up to you." He said. "How? It's already messed up." You said. "I went to the store and got a new one. I can help you." He said as he held it up.

"I'm saved! Thank you God! Thank you Hayes!" You said as you went to hug him. "I'm guessing you're not mad at me anymore." He said. "Only a little. But I'll get over it. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I just got really upset. You know how Ms. Glendale is with projects." You said as you let go.

"I never even did her projects and I still passed." He said. You chuckled. "Alright let's get started. Again." You said. And you did. He helped you with everything and you were done by the time 10pm rolled around.

"Let's hope you get an A." Hayes said as you put it in your closet. "Yeah let's hope." You said looking over at him. "Do you wanna throw the old one out?" He asked. "Yeah. I don't need it. Can you throw it away for me please?" You asked.

"Fine." He grabbed the soggy board and walked towards the door. "Goodnight. Love you." He said. "Night. Love you too." You said as you shut the door behind him. You got ready for bed and fell asleep some minutes after you got into bed.

Next day

You ended up getting an A+ all thanks to Hayes. Who helped you. When you got back home and told him he picked you up and spinner you around in happiness.

To celebrate you both decided to watch a movie. Nash tagged along. You decided with
The Purge: Anarchy. Perfect you thought.

------------------
hi guys again! I hope you enjoyed this! Should I go back in order with the guys or shuffle it? Also I have a new book out and I would love it if you guys would check it out. It's called The Lives Of The Heart. Thank you guys for 3k by the way! I really owe it to you guys for getting this book this far! Bye guys. — ash 💞
12:13 pm on 71016