13%

Topic: when you bake christmas cookies together
_________________________________

Shawn (age 11)
Christmas. Your favorite time of the year. No school means no homework which means more free time to play in the snow. You lived in Canada which means it was almost always cold there. It was around 10 in the morning and you were laying in bed watching Netflix. Something you've been doing a lot lately.

Everyone was still sleeping and you were the only one awake. Then out of nowhere Shawn came barging into your room with a Santa hat on and said "wake up it's Christmas!". "Shawn, it's Christmas Eve." You said sitting up on your bed.

"I don't think it matters. It's Christmas to me." He said as he sat next you. "What do you want?" You asked a bit rudely. "Why are you being such a grinch the day before Christmas? That's just not right. I know what you need." He said.

"I'm not being a grinch. If anything I just want to watch Netflix. So get out of my room." You said standing up. You grabbed his hand and tried pulling him to the door but it was no use. "I know a grinch when I see it. You need to get into the holiday spirit!" He shouted.

"Oh my god. Kill me now. You're gonna wake mom and dad." You said falling back on your bed. "Umm they're not home. In fact they left around 9 to do some more shopping." He said getting up. "Which means I have this whole house to myself and I'm in charge. So get your butt up and come with me to the kitchen." "No." you said. "What?" He said.

"You heard me. I said no. You're not the boss of me." You said getting up once again. "So get out of my room and leave me be." You said pushing him to the door. But Shawn just did not give up. He grabbed you by the waist and put you over his shoulder and walked down the hall and down the stairs.

He walked to the kitchen and placed you on the counter. "We're baking Christmas cookies!" He yelled even louder, probably for the whole neighborhood to hear. "Shawn, I'm too lazy to bake cookies. Why not later?" You asked trying to get out of the situation.

"Don't you wanna eat cookies? Taste that soft chocolatey flavor and savor it? Mm that sounds so good right now." He said. "Ok ew, I'm right here. But yeah I kinda am hungry." You shrugged your shoulders. "That's the spirit! Now let's get baking." He clapped his hands together and took out the cook book. You took out all the materials while Shawn got out all the ingredients. He also preheated the oven.

"I need flour" he said looking at you. You opened it and handed it to him. "I need it measured." He said.
"I don't know how to measure flour." You said. "See this is why you got to school." He said taking the flour from you. You rolled your eyes.

You sat across from him as he stood adding baking powder, salt and flour in a bowl. He told you to stir it while he creamed together the margarine and sugar until it looked fluffy.

When you were done stirring he told you to beat 2 eggs but one at a time, which you were excited about for some reason. After you were done with that, he added vanilla to it and added all the ingredients together to make dough.

He covered the dough that was in a big giant bowl and told you that it had to chill for 2 hours. So while they were 'chilling' you greased the cookie sheets. Afterwards you both waited by playing rock, paper, scissors and tag. You were getting bored of playing that so you went back to the kitchen and started messing with the flour.

You started rolling it into a ball as if it were a snowball. Shawn came in a little later and stood next to you and started messing with the flour to. When he wasn't looking, you threw some of it at his hair. Of course, you weren't being slick and he saw. So he threw a lot at your face. You couldn't see anything but managed to get a bunch of flour before he threw.

You threw the flour and actually hit him. He ended up coughing and you yelled "VICTORY!" To which he chuckled. He helped you wash off but once you saw what the kitchen looked like you said "not it to clean the kitchen." and touched your nose before he did.

"Too slow." You said and he started cleaning. After 2 whole hours you put flour on the table and started rolling small portions of dough along the surface with Shawn. He got out the the cookie cutters and you cut out trees and gingerbreads and regular circles.

You would decorate them later and Shawn put them to heat in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes

You would decorate them later and Shawn put them to heat in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes. When they were done, you put them on cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

They smelled really good so when Shawn wasn't looking (again) you got one and ate it. It was delicious. "There were 20 cookies. Now there's only 19! Did you get one?" Shawn asked. "No." you said. He raised his right eyebrow. "Yes I did. I couldn't resist." You admitted.

"See, you're not a grinch anymore! That's the holiday spirit." He said as he spun you around. You laughed and waited for your parents to get back so you could enjoy the night before Christmas.

----------
awww, I think this was cute. see what I did in the last sentence? 😏. anyway this was written ahead of Christmas because I'm thinking of doing a New Years one. But I don't know for who?

Maybe jj or carter. I don't know. anyway I hope you liked this and thanks for 8k 💟.
happy early merry Christmas and Hanukkah from me and merry Christmas if you're reading this on Christmas Day. if you don't celebrate it, it's okay. lots of love from
- ash 💝🎄

when this was written- 3:37 pm on 12/11/16
when it's released- 12:00 am on Christmas Day 💞.