14%

topic: when he hits you
_____________________

Taylor (age 13)
it was after school when your brother, taylor, came to pick you up. you were sitting on a bench waiting for him when he honked and caught your attention. you looked up and saw him looking at you. you smiled but he didn't smile back like he usually does. you rubbed it off and got your book bag and got into the car. as he drove you home, you started talking about your school day.

"I have this stupid report due in English on Friday and I've barely started. and in science, I have this group project thing done also on Friday and the people in my group are all lazy. so I basically have to do it all on my own." you ranted. you looked at Taylor after he hadn't responded after a while because usually he would say something but he was just staring blankly straight ahead.

you snapped your fingers in front of him and he said, "can you not right now?". "what's wrong ?" you asked looking worried. "nothing. can we just not talk right now? i'm not feeling it today." he says. "why? what happened ?" you asked again. "nothing! ok ?" he snapped looking over at you. you jumped a little from how high his voice had gotten in a matter of seconds. you decided to just stay quiet.

when you got home, you greeted your parents and went up to your room to change into some joggers and a simple black t - shirt. you sat at your desk and started to do your homework. as you were writing, you thought about all the possible reasons as to why Taylor could be mad. after an hour of sitting there and writing, you decided to get a snack.

so you went downstairs into the kitchen and looked through the pantry and found the box of pop tarts. cinnamon flavored to be exact. there was only one left. you smiled deviously to your self and grabbed it. put the box back where it was just so someone could find it empty. you found a note on the counter that said your parents went out to grab something to eat and would be back in a few.

you walked out of the kitchen and Taylor was walking down the stairs towards the kitchen when he saw you and stopped. you walked past him but he grabbed your wrist a little too tight. you turned around and looked at your wrist and then up at him. "taylor, let go it hurts." you said trying to get free. he woudnt. instead he asked, " is that the last pop tart ?" "taylor it hurts let go !" you said a bit louder. "Is that the last pop tart !?" he said rasing his voice and gripping your wrist tighter.

"no there's more in the pantry!" you lied. " now let go. it hurts." you said. he let go and you ran up stairs into your room and sat at your desk once again, only this time crying. you calmed down and was about to open your pop tart when taylor barged in. "can you knock?" you said. "why'd you lie? there's no more. give me that one." he said.

"no I got it first." you said. "and why are you so mad about it? it's just a pop tart taylor gosh! " you said now getting annoyed. "tell me why you're so determined to get a stupid pop tart and I'll give it to you!" you said. he sighed. " turns out Stacey is cheating on me. has been for a while now." he said sitting on your bed. "I broke it off today."

you sighed as well and threw the pop tart at his lap. you turned back around in your chair facing your homework. "take your stupid pop tart and get out of my room." you said, now mad. "I'm sorry I got mad and took it out on you. i'm sorry for hurting your wrist like that, I really am." he apologized.

you turned back around to face him with rears streaming down your face. taylor instanlty felt worse then he already felt. "i'm sorry she was cheating on you tay, ok ? but you didn't have to go and grab my wrist like that. cause that really hurt and it's getting all red." you said looking at your wrist.

taylor came closer to you and wiped away the tears and said, "I promise I will never do anything like that to you ever again. i'm sorry." he said giving you a hug. after he let go he said, "wanna share this pop tart?" he smiled. you smiled back. "sure." you said.  

----------
hey guys !! I took a little break from wattpad and you can read all about it in my other book "rants". lol self promo. anyways, I'll be updating another chapter very soon so watch out for it !!

- ash 💞
7/21/17