Chapter 3

The day went by pretty well for Marinette. She received many wishes for her birthday and the classes were actually okay for her considered how she is usually bored in them. Though it was her birthday, only one thing had changed. Adrien.
It may sound weird, but he would be seen with Marinette clinging to her hand whenever you saw him. Seeing this change of behavior in his best friend, Nino gladly gave up his seat and switched with Marinette. Adrien and Marinette were on cloud 9 at this gesture, but Alya and Nino were together silently fangirling at their friends and their actions. When lunch finally came around though, Chloe was feeling a little more raged that day. (haha I wonder why haha)

Chloe stalked up to Adrien and Marinette ready for her remarks to be fired. She tapped Marinette's shoulder and both Adrien and her turned around.

"Yes, Chloe?" Marinette asked.

"Awwwww, can the piece of trash actually speak for once?! Well anyway, I just wanted to say that your outfit looks absolutely terrible, who made it? A baboon?!?! Haha!!" Chloe remarked towards Marinette.

Though Marinette was usually always brushing off Chloe and her comments, that day she couldn't.

Starting to tear up, she asked back, "Why do you care?"

"Oh just because I know that you will never be a fashion designer because of your lack of talent. You only hide behind Adrien because you are too stupid and weak to actually stand up for yourself," she confidently retorted admiring her nails.

At that, Marinette broke. She tore her hand from Adrien and ran, tears spilling from her eyes.

"Wait Marinette!!! Chloe you know what?!?! JUST STOP!! She will always be something 1000x better than you will ever be!!" Adrien yelled at her.
He would've said more but didn't want to lose Marinette, so he left it at that. He quickly abandoned the lunch table and ran as fast as he could to find Marinette.

"Marinette?"

"Marinette, where are you?"

"Please, where are you? Marinette!!"
Adrien asked looking for Marinette.

"Go away Adrien!" Marinette screamed out half-heartedly to him.

With that, he knew exactly where she was. He slowly and quietly made his way to Marinette's special place only her and him know about. When he saw her there crying her eyes out, his heart broke. He hated seeing her like this. Heck, no one ever saw her cry, only her parents, Alya, and himself.

"Marinette?" Adrien asked quietly, making his way over to her.

She just sniffled.

When he came and embraced her body, she let it loose all over again. She started crying and sobbing into Adrien's chest. Being his protective self again about her, he just squeezed her even tightly to his body.

"Shhhhh, it's okay, let it out, I'm right here for you..." Adrien said comforting her and stroking her head.

When her sobs finally simmered down to sniffles, the two stayed how they were for a long time, holding on to each other like dear life.

"Mari??" Adrien whispered.

"Yes kitty?" she responded back quietly.

"Please don't let her get to you. You know you have many people who care for you. You will always have someone there for you. Okay?" he told her.

She looked up and nodded her head slowly.

"Especially and always forever you will have me to lean on," Adrien added.

Staring into each other's eyes, time seemed to stop for the two. Finally, mustering up all he could, Adrien leaned and kissed her nose gently and hugged her tightly again in his arms.

Marinette returned the hug and smiled from the burning skin on her nose from his kiss. Her cheeks heat up, and so did Adrien's but they didn't care because they were just happy to be together.

"Thanks kitty," Marinette replied.

"Always and forever Bugaboo," Adrien said back.
--------------

Ahhhhh, I loved and hated writing this chapter. I just can't believe Chloe, but it led to something amazing between Marinette and Adrien. I can't wait for the high school years. I had to keep it appropriate enough because I mean they are in 7th grade people. Haha!! And wow-3 chapters in one day. Oh well, I just couldn't wait!! Okay anyways, till next time everyone!

MiraculousGirl19🐞🐱
Be Miraculous and Paw-some my kitties!!