You Know How Parents Get When It Comes To Their Child Growing Up

Fluttershy's POV:
My mom and I pulled up to the front of the school. I exhaled, the first day of the new school year. I was nervous, who knew what the new school year would bring, but I was excited too. All my classes were with my five best friends.

"Oh my baby!" My mom said from the car, startling me, "I can't believe you're turning sixteen next week! Not just that, but is your second year of high school! Awwweeee your growing up so fast! I love you Fluttershy, have a great day!" She beamed at me.

I nodded, and walked off. I had my learner's permit, but my mom liked to drive me places anyways. I guess it was so she could keep feeling like I was still her baby girl. I didn't mind so much though, driving stressed me out and made me super nervous.

I saw my mom drive off and I bumped into my friend Rainbow Dash.

"Oh Fluttershy! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" She got super flustered and helped me up.

It was kind of cute to see her like that, of course, everything about her was cute.

'Fluttershy!' I thought, 'Rainbow Dash is your friend! Don't think like that!'

"Oh, um... thanks Rainbow... but I'm the one who should be saying sorry. I bumped into you!" I tried shouting, but my voice doesn't know how to speak loudly.

"No, no! It's totally okay! Wanna walk to class with me?" She asked.

I don't know why, but I got super nervous. My mouth kind of sealed shut. I just nodded.

"Awesome!" She said and grabbed my hand, making me blush. We walked off to class.

Rainbow's POV:
I don't why, but something about holding Fluttershy's hand made me feel all... fuzzy and weird. Not a bad fuzzy and weird... but this was a new feeling.

We walked up to the door and we were scorned for Public Displays of Affection, as if we were a couple or something! I mean, I'm a pretty raging lesbian, but I'm like ninety-nine percent certain that Fluttershy is straight.

We walked in and sat next to our friends. Applejack and Rarity were hugging, and they are a couple! Twilight and Pinkie Pie looked like they were liable to start making out at any moment! None of them got tagged with PDAs!

"So you guys! I'm throwing a back to school party this weekend if you wanna come. It won't be too many people, thirty max." Pinkie Pie said. I don't see how she could be so energetic at 8:30 A.M. on a Monday.

We all told her we would be there. Which made her seem very happy.

"Okay class!" Ms. Cheerilee said, "Today will be all about getting to know each other! Which is pretty easy compared to what you all did on your fist day last year!" She giggled at that. The entire class groaned, last year was torture.

"So! I want you to pair up with someone you've never met, and get to know them!" Ms. Cheerilee seemed rather proud of herself.

Us six split up and went to find someone to partner with. Fluttershy went to this track star named Thunderlane. Pinkie Pie paired with Cheese Sandwhich. Twilight paired with a girl name Moondancer. Applejack and Rarity got away with pairing with each other somehow.

"Rainbow Dash!" I heard a familiar voice, and looked around. It was Soarin. We were good friends, and I knew him well enough to know that he liked me, and that I did not want a whole class with him.

I scanned the room and grabbed a clutzy blonde girl. She seemed nice, but I've never actually talked to her.

Soarin looked disappointed, but walked off.

"Hiya! I'm Rainbow Dash! What's your name?" I asked.

The girl rummaged through her backpack and pulled out a muffin. "My name is Muffins, but everyone calls me Derpy. I don't mind though, I've grown kind of attached to the name."

She leaned forward on the table and started swinging her legs, accidentally kicking my shins.

"Oh my goodness! I'm sorry Rainbow Dash! Honestly I can just be so clumsy sometimes!" She apologized over and over.

"It's okay Derpy. You didn't mean to." I assured her.

We spent the rest of the class period talking about our family's and stuff.

"So do you like anyone in class? Do you loooove someone Rainbow Dash?" She asked kind of drowsily. She looked like she was about to fall asleep. I couldn't really blame her, it was still early.

"Heh. Well that's complicated. You see, I've never actually been in love before... I don't really know what that's supposed to feel like." I said, what happened with Fluttershy earlier kept me from giving a complete no.

"Well... you get this warm fuzzy feeling. A feeling like everything is all right, like nothing can go wrong. When you're in love with someone, they make you feel invicible. Although sometimes they can make you feel like the worst person on Earth." She concluded.

I stared at her. She practically described perfectly what I felt for Fluttershy. Could I be... in love with her?

The bell rang. "Well children I hope you were entertained, off to your next class." Ms. Cheerilee said, lining us up and sending us out.

We had arranged seats in all our other classes, so Fluttershy and I didn't get to sit near ech other. That made every class suck.

--Time Skip--

Fluttershy's POV:
The bell rang for us to go to lunch. I grabbed my lunch box and walked out the door.

All my friends sat with me. I saw Thunderlane go over and sit with his friends. I thought about inviting him over, but thanks to our awkward encounter in class I didn't.

(A/N: What's this?! They're not dating in the first chapter?! What sorcery is this?! XD Aaaaanyway I hope you guys enjoy, I'm on my way home from vacation and have a lot of downtime for the next seven hours.)