Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Jake is gone. That’s the first thought I had when I woke up; I smiled at the thought of him,  he makes me happy without even knowing. I left my bed and heading to my daily destiny. Needless to describe the daily morning, with the typical breakfast….etc.

Arrived at school, attended classes, and it was time for lunch. And as every day, I went and sat alone for lunch, as Ellen is always with her popular boyfriend, and my other colleagues spend their lunch with other people. I was unexpectedly interrupted by the kid who is my lab partner in science. He was holding his food, smiled at me and asked “May I join you for lunch?”

I looked at him for an instant with expressionless face and said “Sure,”

He sat and started making a conversation, “So, how are you?”

“Fine. You?”

“Fine,” he paused. “You look pretty today by the way.” He complimented me.

I’m flattered. I thought. “Thanks.”

There was awkward silence as we were eating our food, so I decided to be more sociable.

“So, how do you find school here?” I asked him.

“Oh, not bad. My old school was better though, had plenty of friends there.”

“What made you leave it?”

“My father’s work is here, so they decided to move here.”

I nodded.

“So, tell me more about you!” he told me.

I dryly chuckled and said, “Hmm, I’m Christina, 16-years-old, a student…I don’t know that’s all.”

“Really?” he sarcastically asked. “Ok, then I’ll ask you questions.”

I smiled.

“Do you have siblings? If so, how old are they and their names?”

“Yeah. I have four siblings. Tyler is 20-years-old, Sarah is eighteen, Isabella is fourteen, and Harry is ten.”

“Nice; you have amazing company then.” He commented.

I chuckled sarcastically; he didn’t even know how everyone of us living in his own world. Even Sarah, which I considered my favorite sister and best, best friend; had left us and went to live with her boyfriend. I think she was right to leave this damned house, this fragmented family.

“Yeah.” I told him.

“I’m an only child, but I find my close friends as my siblings.”

I nodded.

“You seem very quiet; more quiet than a normal person can be.” He told me.

I looked at him confusingly, “Is that a bad thing or a good thing?”

“Bad thing! You should be more sociable with people! Or you’ll end up forever alone.” He laughed, as a joke.

I looked at him with the same expressionless face and said “Well, guess what? I’m not supposed to impress all people or make them like me, as I don’t like some too.” I left the table.

I needn’t advises from strangers. I decided to go home walking. While walking, I was cold so I rubbed my hands together then I found someone putting a jacket on my shoulders. I turned around and it was Jake! I smiled so wide to find him,

“Hey, girl.” He sweetly told me.

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

“I came because you needed me.”

I hugged him tightly, then I turned around and noticed an old woman sitting on a bench, who was looking at me strangely. I couldn’t say if her look was strange, or sympathetic. I faced Jake and smiled at him again.  I continued walking home with him, he made my day by showing up here. He’s the only person who makes my day…I love him. After a while we arrived home, and it was time to say goodbye.

“When will I see you again?”

“I’m here when you need me.” he tenderly told me.

I entered the house, finding Isabella sitting on the couch and talking on the phone, I ignored her. I went upstairs and while I was walking in the hall, heading to my room, I found Harry’s bedroom’s door was opened, so I went to say hi.

“Hey,” I told him.

“Hey! Can we watch together TV today? There’s a cool movie today and you can use a change, instead of locking yourself in your bedroom.” He told me in a sort of teasing tone.

“Sure!” I winked my eye to him.

Harry was the best thing in this house, I didn’t want him to be like me though-suicidal and lonely. So, I tried my best to be a good sister for him, as his brother is always busy with college, football matches and his girlfriend; and his other sister is always thinking that she’s the princess. We went together downstairs to watch the movie together. when we sat, Isabella rolled her eyes and said on the phone “Alright, babe, I’ll call you later.”

“How are you?” I asked her, trying to be a good sister.

“Fine?”

“Cool.”

“Oh, can you go somewhere else tonight? My baby is coming here, and I don’t want to annoy him by your presence.” She meanly told me.

I stood up for her and angrily said “Listen, brute. You can stop fooling around with me like that! I’m your older sister, and you should respect me. and this who you call your boyfriend is using you as a physical doll! And that’s called babysitting, not a relationship, dear! So, you should respect me.”

She looked at me sarcastically and said “I don’t respect you,” she continued “I don’t even like you,  you can simply move out like Sarah did. I’ll make a celebration when this happen.”

“You should respect her, Bella!” Harry told her.

“Shut up, boy,” she paused and stood up heading to the stairs. “Now, I’ll have to go get ready for my boyfriend coming. Better not see you both when I finish.”

“Huh!” Harry commented in disgust. Then he looked at me and said “Don’t be upset, she’s a bitch anyways.”

I nodded. “I’ll go to the bathroom.”

Bathroom, more like Cutting Room. I locked myself again and started cutting my legs and crying. Then I took some painkillers; I wished Jake would be here now, he would hug me and tell me that everything will be alright. I got out of the bathroom and went to my room, and surprisingly finding Jake sitting on my bed, frowning. I started crying again, and run into his arms and cried more. He kissed my hair and said “Everything’s going to be alright, Tina.” He held me till I fell asleep after crying.