t w e n t y - e i g h t

a week later ; f l e u r

Steven applied for a few jobs and ended up getting hired. today's his first day and he's been gone for about six hours. I've been feeling lonely and paranoid. maybe I just haven't gotten used to the house yet.

I hear rustling coming from outside the house. "s-steven? is th-that you?" I ask out loud. I turn on the kitchen light, I see a large black shadow run past the kitchen window, I run over and locking the slide-door. I try to keep myself calm but fail miserably. I run around the house, trying to lock the windows and doors. I turn on the porch lights and backyard lights.. then I see him.

"who are you and what do you want?" I ask the man in all black.

"where's Steven!?" he yells so loudly I feel my bones riddle.

"I don't know a Steven." I say.

"shut the fuck up! you know exactly who he is! I hear you moan his name like no one's business." he snorts.

"uh what? dude you need to get out of here now or I'll fucking call the cops." I say, getting aggravated.

"you wouldn't do that.." he murmurs, pulling out a nine caliber gun. my lips quiver in fear. "please d-don't! I don't know where he is I swear he uh-I'm sorry." I stutter.

that's when he punches through the window, slides it open and jumps in the house. I stumble back, tripping over a shoe and falling on the ground. I try to crawl away and that's when he grabs me by the hair and pulls me close to him. he traces areas of my face with his gun "you're stunning, wonder how good you are in bed." he growls, I begin to get angry.

"please just let me go.. I won't speak of this." I say weakly, he slaps me and I fall once more to the floor. "s-stop.. I'm sorry." I plea.

"stupid fucking whore!" he yells and kicks me in the stomach so severely that I begin to choke up blood. "you worthless bitch!" as he beats me, he removes the bandana from his mouth and takes off the hoodie.

"oh my-R-Robbie? i-is that you?" I manage to say.

"it's all coming back to you, isn't it princess?" he says. and the memories flutter back to me. I try to blink them away. he kneeling down and our faces are inches away. "you fucking ruined my life! stupid slut!" he says and slams my face into the ground repeatedly.

"you took it all away from me! you selfish bitch! I hate you!" he goes on, and I'm trying to figure out what I did to him...

"stop! just stop it already!" I cry out loudly, earning another slap to the face. I try to soothe the pain. just then, I hear the muffled sound of sirens.

he looked down at me with wide eyes. "you called the cops?!" I shook my head no, feeling more afraid. the sirens got louder and I closed my eyes. "Robbie Wittrock! get out with your hands up!" I hear a police man on the megaphone say.

"Robbie just..turn yourself in." I say weakly, watching the blood drain. his phone rang, it was the hostage interpreter. the person on the other end tried to convince him to surrender, which angered him even more.

"you even come near this house and I blow myself up!" he screams in the phone, making me sob loudly. this is it.. I'm gonna die and I didn't even get to say goodbye to Steven.

Robbie soon began to pour gasoline around the kitchen, living room, bathroom, etc.. even on himself. he poured some on me, the gasoline mixed with my blood, leaving a horrendous smell. I began to scream in horror. "help me! he's gonna kill me! please..help me."

he kicked me once more, I groaned in pain. "I want you to call my wife and tell her I love her!" he tells me and throws the phone at me. he tells me the number, the phone rings for five minutes... nothing.

Robbie begins to cry. I try again. this time, it rings for about ten seconds before someone picks up. "hey daddy, where are you? mommy is worried." a little boy says.

"h-hi champ. I m-made a mistake.. and I'm sorry." he tells the little boy, which I assume is his son. Robbie is hysterically crying. he hangs up, takes out a pocket knife. I flinch.

when I open my eyes, he's dragging the knife back and forth on his pointer finger. he manages to chop off his finger, creating a bloody mess. "h-here.." he says in pain "it's a peace offering."

I took the finger. he walked over to the door, the police lights stopped. "we need the girl!" a policeman requested. I managed to limp outside, paramedics took me in their arms and helped me.

moments later Robbie came out with his hands up. the paramedics placed me on a gurney and rolled me int the ambulance.. that's when I heard a gunshot. "Robbie!" I shouted, remembering his wife and kid..

and then it all went black.