Prologue

This is my first story so it probably won't be that good so please bare with me

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN ANYTHING ALL CHARACTERS AND PLACES BELONG TO VERONICA ROTH

Amity, Candor, Dauntless, Erudite which one will my brother, Tobias, choose? I didn't put our faction, Abnegation in there because I know he won't choose to stay here, not because he isn't selfless but because of our father, Marcus, abuses us. Well, I hope he doesn't choose Abnegation but he won't want to leave me alone with that monster in the house, although I did tell him to get out of here so hopefully he will take that into consideration. All I can do now is wait in the darkness of the upstairs closet, trying not to have a panic attack from being inside a small, dark cupboard.

Would Tobi choose Erudite? Probably not, he is smart enough to pass initiation but, from what I can tell, the Erudite don't allow you to show any emotion and he probably doesn't want to be shoved into an emotionless prison. What about Candor? That again is a no as I've heard rumours that for your final test in Candor, they give you something that makes you spill all your secretes and Tobi likes to be in control of what things he tells others. Abnegation? I hope not. I hope not. I hope not. But I'm terrified that he will choose to stay with that monster because of me, he won't want me to be in more pain than I absolutely have to be, whether that means jumping in front of me so he will take on the beating that Marcus meant for me or staying in the place every nerve inside of him is screaming at him to get away from. So I can only hope he does what I told him and choose another faction. What about Amity? That one's a lot more likely as he could find peace there but no, he is often too hard on himself and would consider himself too "broken" to belong there. Dauntless? The more I think about it, the more likely it seems, I mean he has always been brave enough to jump in front of me even though it always results in him being hurt more than he has to be. When I think about it, that's also when he's at his most selfless, maybe selflessness and bravery aren't that different after all.

Suddenly, the front door opens and heavy steps pound up the stairs. He's home. And he seems angry, which means Tobi probably transfered. Good. Just as I think that, the door to the cupboard is flung open and Marcus grabs me by the collar and throws me into my room. Literally.
"Why the f*ck did you influence his decision you little piece of sh*t!?" He growls while taking his belt out of his waistband loop by loop.
"I didn't! I swear I didn't!" I scream as the first blow falls. But of course he can tell that I'm lying and he just carries on. "What faction did he choose?" I gasp between blows.
"Erudite" The monster spits and flecks of saliva are sprayed onto my body. No. No. No! Why did he have to choose Erudite, the one faction I know I wouldn't be able to pass the initiation of. I was so sure he'd choose Dauntless, but maybe that was me wanting to go there and if Tobi went there I'd have a reason to go there apart from "it looks fun" which sounds stupid, even in my head.

He just won't stop hitting me with that wretched belt. I count up to 64 lashes before I pass out from pain.

So what did you think? I'm going to try to update at least once a week, maybe more, but sometimes I won't be able to manage it.

Well see you next time. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE