Chapter Seven - First Fight

I wake up super happy, I got to talk with Tobi last night and it was great just be myself again, to not have to think about every little thing that I say.
"Hello, Maddy." Wait, shoot! Olivia's up, I must've overslept! "Don't worry, your not late, Kay just thought it would be funny to dump a bucket of water on me. At 6:30 in the morning." Good. And Olivia's wet and she showered last night, so she must be telling the truth. The fact that her bed is soaked as well is also validation for that story.

I get dressed, go to the loo and do my teeth when I realise that Kayla has gone back to sleep.
"Hey, Olivia."
"What is it?"
"Kayla, she's gone back to sleep." Olivia gets a mischievous look in her eyes and runs off, we have the same idea. She comes back in with a bucket and we go to the bathroom and fill it up to the brim with water. Then we walk over to Kayla's bed and after I count down, drop it all over her.
"GAHHHHHHHHHHH, WHOEVER DID THIS, I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!"
"Run" Olivia states, like it isn't obvious.

We run and run. And run and run. Eventually we reach the dining hall and quickly slide into two seats slap bang in the middle of the canteen. Olivia's idea, she says that Kayla cannot see what is right in front of her nose. And that point is proved when she, along with Connor, Mia and Charlie. She must've realised that it was me and Olivia who did it. Gods, i hope Olivia's plan works as they are all holding buckets of what looks like extraordinarily sicky liquid.
"Transfer initiates, please head to training room 2" states a voice over the speakers. So Kayla, Connor, Mia and Charlie dump their buckets in the trash, then Olivia and I jump on Kayla and Mia's backs respectively. They are surprised and mildly annoyed, but agree to carry us to training.

When we get there, we see our names on a chalkboard, and Bass says
"Whoever's name is next to yours, that is who you will be fighting today. In this order." I quickly scan for my name and see that I'm first, with Rhys. What did I do to piss Bass off, I'm gonna have to talk to him after.
"First fight," Tris calls out "Rhys verses Maddy" I sigh and get up onto the mat.
"Hey Stiff, you're never going to win you know. So if you, oh I don't know, beg for mercy, maybe I'll go easy on you." No way. I've had enough of begging for mercy. 16 years of it is too much. Way too much.
"I thought Candor, even ex Candor, didn't lie." And at that Rhys takes his first swing, I dodge easily. He then throws a kick at my side and this time I'm not fast enough and get knocked down. Again. He just carries on kicking me and little does he know that these kicks, ones that he is clearly putting all of his energy into, are having little to no effect. After about five minutes he bends down, says "No, we don't lie" before walking away, clearly thinking that I'm unconscious. "Well," he says "Declare me the winner!" Well, it seems as if Bass does know me. I stand up with ease and one swift punch in the head, followed by a blow to the ribs (I'll give you three guesses how I learned that), knocks him out cold. I feel a wave of guilt flow over me, I'm becoming him. And I walk off the mat to the edge of the room. After about five minutes, Bass comes over and leans into my ear.
"You're not like him, you'll never be like him. You're way too kind, selfless, honest, smart, brave. You did what you had to do. If you want you can come over to mine after training today." Wow, he really does know me well, he said exactly what i needed to hear.
"I would love that"
"Great, you'll get to meet my two year old daughter, Cait, Cait."
"Four! What are you doing over there?" Calls Tris and Bass gets up and goes over to her. Wait, did he say that he has a daughter named Cait? Well that won't get confusing later.

I'm soooo sorry for not updating sooner, I had a major writer's block and just could not get any ideas to flow. I'm over it now though, and should update this and my other book in the next two weeks.
BYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!