Chapter two: the choosing ceremony

I forgot to put this last time
Disclaimer: All I own is Caitlin, everything else is Veronica Roth's

After hours and hours of being locked in this tiny closet, day and night as today is the day of the choosing ceremony so we don't have to do anything except turn up, Marcus let's me out.
"Get changed and get yourself to the ceremony, I don't want to look at you until we get back." Little do you know that I'm not coming back. Ever.

When I get to the choosing ceremony I'm swept up by the rest of Abnegation going up the stairs. Each step hurts my back more and more until I have to bite my lip to stop myself screaming in pain. When we (FINALLY) get to the top, I sit down in alphabetical order with all of the sixteen-year-olds from each faction. This year it's Dauntless' turn to host the ceremony, just like it was when Tobi transferred to Erudite. I zone out of the boring speech that I could recite in my sleep by now and daydream about Tobi, life in Dauntless, life in Erudite...
"Caitlin Eaton." What? Oh, it must be my turn to choose! I get up and walk towards the bowls. The same woman who do my aptitude test waits for me there, I think her name's Tris but I can't really remember. When I get to the bowls and take the knife. I barely even feel the knife as it presses into my palm. A result of living with Marcus for 16 years. My hand hovers over the Erudite bowl, but just at the last minute I move it to the Dauntless bowl, going around the Abnegation bowl so there is no chance of my blood dripping into it. I do it, not because I don't want to see Tobi, but because I know that I'll be Factionless within the first week. The woman calls out that I am Dauntless and I go join my new faction. As I sit down I glance over to the Abnegation sector of the hall, Marcus is wearing a look of pure rage and I smile knowing that I will never have to speak to him again.

When the ceremony ends, we, the Dauntless, leave first and, as I thought we would, they, we, begin to run downstairs. One of the other transfers, a Candor shouts "What's going on?!"
"Isn't it obvious? It's freedom!" Someone else shouts, obviously an Erudite. I begin to run. The pain from my back makes we want to scream, but I don't care. I'm free. Free from the cupboard. Free from the belt. Free from the knifes. Free from the hunger.
Free from Marcus.

-------------------------------------------------------

So, what did you think? The next chapter will be longer, I promise.
I'm really sorry for not updating but I was away and my mom said that I couldn't bring my tablet, so I'll try update two or three times this week at least.
Byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!