Chapter 1: You Don't Know

When the world that once had color fades to white and gray and black.

Mysterious White Room, Rose POV, unknown time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I watch the figure who, now known to be a young man, walk up to me. He wore a confused expression. Why was he confused? Wasn't he here to help me? "Who are you?" we both exclaim. Our eyes widen as we watch each other with confused gazes, like the other was supposed to tell each other the answer on how to escape where we were. I didn't know anything and he obviously knew nothing that was of how we were to leave this blinding, white room.

"Sorry." We both say, then stop. "Sorry.." I say, filling the empty air with my voice, "I'm Rose. So you don't know how we got here?" He smiles for a second, "Gabe or Gabriel," if he didn't seem like an angel before, how about now, "Sorry, I have no idea how I got here. I was with my mother and then I'm here." I nod, not wanting him to want to dive into telling me if he didn't want to, it was a personal thing. "I was in the car with my friend, then I woke up here." I say. He looked shocked like I wasn't relayed information. Wait. I wasn't.

"You don't know-" he said then looked like he was refraining himself from telling me what was going on. "Tell me. What's going on." I say. He looked like he was battling with himself and then shook his head sadly. "I can't tell you. You'll know soon." he nodded and looked like he was trying to refrain from telling me. I sighed, "Then who do I go to for information?" I say to him, wondering if he would give me that information.

"Me." Great. That's wonderful. I stand there almost awkwardly wondering if he would start another conversation. "You were in a car with your friend?" he asks, I nod, "Yeah, her name is Alicia. Did I blackout or faint or something?" he sighed, "I can't answer that." Really. I didn't know that. I roll my eyes wondering if he would give me anything information wise.

"So, you were with your mother?" I ask, he nods, "Her name is Diana. I was pulled away from there to here. I'm clueless of why.." he says. I sigh and sit down on the floor, might as well get comfy if I was going to be here for a while. He joins me, watching me, biting his lip. He obviously wanted to say something.

"How's school?" he asks, I laugh, "Great question to ask." he shakes his head and sighs, "It's going good, Gabe." I smile, placing my hand on his knee for to assure him I wasn't making fun of him. He looks at me and nods, a smile playing on his lips. "Good. Just wanting to make conversation instead of being here in silence." I nod, sighing. I wonder what would come when I woke up and everyone was fussing. Then I thought of something.

What if he wasn't real. This 'Gabriel'? What if he was made from my imagination? All I can say is my unconscious is very unsocial. Before I know it the question slips past my lips and he looks at me, frowning. "Of course, I'm real. I'm real, Rose. I assure that."  His hand covering mine on his knee, squeezing it gently. He felt real, but minds can play tricks and all. I was confused on what was going on so I go with what he says. He's real. That's all that keeps me from going bonkers in this wonderful place I am in. Yeah, right.

I look at our hands, slipping it from his knee, blushing softly. The thing I last thought before I moved my hand was the note that was overplaying in my mind. Our hands fit perfectly in each others. That was before I mentally cursed myself for thinking that and not trying to think of a way to get out. Maybe if you kept walking it would lead you someplace? I sigh, might just sit tight cause there was no out as of yet. I just wanted to scream, Give me a door to some place! I don't care, let me wake up from this.

Then, of course, Gabe came to mind. Why? Why did I keep thinking about him and why did I get a feeling of safety around him? He hasn't told me anything other than about his mother! Then all of a sudden I look at him, we look into each others eyes and then he's gone and'm blinded by........

Sunlight.