Chapter 4: Maybe Far Away...

Maybe far away, Or maybe real nearby

The Park, September 9th, 2009. 11:15 A.M., Narrative POV.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, I think we should head back, Rosie"

"I knew you were going to say that, Gabe" Rose said with a sigh. She kind of dreaded the saddened faces of her parents, family and friends. Not to mention the Goodmans and Natalie. At least she had Gabe by her side again. She remembered more and more of their time together when she was a child. He was her best friend and no one could see him. It was sad for my younger self and she slowly started to believe it herself that he wasn't real. He was real, he was in front of her, right?

"Come on." he was now standing in front of her, instead of being on the swing next to her, with an outstreached hand for her to take. She took it and he helped her to stand. He lead her back towards the school. It started to make her think..

Will I ever set foot into the school again?

Will they forget me?

Why me?

Gabe was watching her, "You okay?" she blinked and nodded. "Yeah.." He draped an arm across her shoulders and held her close to his side, placing a soft and swift kiss upon the top of her head. "It'll be okay."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So maybe now this prayer's, The last one of it's kind...

Jasper High School, Rose POV, September 9th, 2009. 10:20 A.M.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I blushed softly, but I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked up to the school. I saw the people starting to walk out of the school. I took in a breath as I saw my parents and Gabe's, looking up at Gabe. He was looking over at them and I looked back to see his mother watching us. I felt Gabe's arm leaving my shoulders and he whispered in my ear. 

"I'll be right back okay..?" I quickly nodded and watched him walk over to his mother. Maybe she saw me, but she didn't look at me. She couldn't see me. I frowned and looked down as I made my way over to where they were but stayed a few feet away from them, watching my family. They were so upset and crying. I felt horrible but I couldn't have prevented it. It was an accident. I sighed.

I felt an arm around my waist, looking over and into the pool blue eyes of Gabe. "Hey." "Hey." I said quietly back. "It's going to be okay.." I shake my head, "What about my family..?" "They'll be okay after time, but not completely healed, losing a child is hard and you always miss them." "I couldn't have done anything could I?" "What..?" "I couldn't stop the accident..could I?" "Oh, Rosie." he pulled me into his arms and I started to cry into his chest. I felt him rubbing my back to sooth me. "It was nothing you could have done..I'm sorry, Rosie." I buried my head into his chest, I didn't want to be there anymore. I didn't. It just was too hard. To go from being alive and then meeting your guardian angel who was your imaginary friend when you were little to watching your family be so upset over you when you couldn't do anything to help them. It was just to painful to go through and a little too much to understand at one time. 

Gabe sighed, "Hey, Rosie..you want to go?" "Please. Can we?" "I think we have left." "What do you mean?" I asked looking up at him then noticed we were standing in a meadow.

Where I am I?

How did I get from the high school to here?