Why Him? - Chapter 4

Why Him? – Chapter 4 (Rewritten)

"Ma!" I look at the mirror, glaring at the short shorts that I was currently dressed in.

I can imagine my mother smirking behind these fitting room doors.

"Ma!" I once called again but sadly, I still don't receive a reply. "Ma! These shorts are too short!" I try to push the material downwards but they're too tight to go down.

Behind the fitting room doors, a few feet away, I can hear giggling. I'm sure it's Ma and luna.

"How is this situation funny to you?" I question in a sad tone. I successfully pull the shorts down. I deeply let out a breath, letting the air from my stomach come out. Those shorts sure did squeeze the hell out of me. "I will never wear these ever again."

Ma suddenly opens the door, and I gasp in shock. "What are you doing inside here Ma?!" I was only in wearing my panty and bra. Blushing, I try to hide my body from my mother.

Ma doesn't mind coming in. She puts another pile of clothes on the hanger rack and sets the others down at the chair. "Oh honey, it's not like I haven't seen anything. I'm your mother. I change your clothes when you're asleep and too lazy to do so." Ma reminds me.

I take my dress and put it on. No more exposure. Good. "So how many clothes am I supposed to choose?" I ask her.

Rummaging through the previous pile, I choose the clothes that make me feel comfortable.

"There's no limit sweetie. Choose whatever you want and how many you want, your father and I can pay for it." She smiles at me and places her hands on my shoulder, "We need to make up for all the things you missed out on."

"You don't need to do that Ma. I'm very grateful that you're trying to make it up to me but you don't need to, being here is enough for me." I honestly tell her. "I don't expect anything in return."

Ma tries to say something but I hush her. "I think I have found enough." I tell her while picking up a few dresses, skirts, jeans and t-shirts.

"But I brought this new pile for you." Ma pouts her lips.

I don't fall for her trick. "I'll hang them back." I offer her. I take a few hangers from my previous clothes and put them back.

"You can make the workers do that!" Ma whines impatiently. "We need to go to a few shoe shops for your footwear!" She hurriedly tells me. She pulls my arm but I halt her.

"Just wait Ma," I calmly state. "We still have time so you shouldn't worry. There's no marathon." I take a shirt from the pile that I wasn't going to buy and gently fold it. I continue this process with the other clothes as well.

Ma huffs but leaves me to fix the clothes. I know that we're supposed to make the workers fix it, but Nana always told me that if it's your mess you have to learn it fix it.

"Miss!" a girl exclaims, "That's my job!" She comes inside the fitting room and grabs the clothes that I was going to buy.

"Wait! I'm going to buy those clothes!" I yell at her.

The girl quickly apologizes to me and puts the clothes back to their original place. "So what aren't you going to buy then?" I point to the clothes that Ma brought inside the fitting room. She immediately takes the clothes and puts them away for a while.

I hear her running back to the fitting room, grabbing the other clothes that I hand out to her. She runs back the last time, but now she helps me bring my clothes to the counter.