Chapter 9: Awake

Chapter 9: Awake

I slowly open my eyes and I'm immediately greeted by the bright, blinding lights. I wince. "Ma," I softly hear my voice say.

"Sweetheart," I hear my mother's voice cry.

"Don't cry," I tell her.

She lets out a sniffle, "How can I not?" She reasons. "You came to the gathering and then faint within a few minutes, how can I not worry about you?"

I gently pat her back, "Ma, I'm okay." I assure.

She sighs, "You scared me back there."

"I'm sorry, Ma." I apologize.

She doesn't reply but sends me a small smile.

I bite my inner cheek, contemplating on whether I should tell her what I just went through.

She needs to know. My subconscious tells me.

I let out a breath of air, "Ma," I call her.

She snaps her attention towards me and looks at me with worry. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"I need to tell you something," I slowly say. She gestures me to continue. I let out a breath of air, "While I was unconscious I was in this trance. I woke up in a battlefield that was already surrounded by men who were fighting. Once I was able to process what was happening around me, I had realized that I was at the most tragic war of our history." I explain.

Ma blinks a few times, "What else did you see?"

"I saw the castle but after that, I blacked out." I say with ease.

Ma purses her lips, "That sounds odd." She states.

I chuckle, "Yeah, it kind of is."

Someone knocks on the door and then opens it. Trent's head pops out and he gives me a warm smile, "Ugh, hey, may we come in?"

I nod my head, "Sure," I reply with a sweet smile.

Trent opens the door wide enough for each of them to fit. The boys shuffle and push each other to get in. They're like little boys wanting to get the first attention, how cute.

"Hi best friend, it's nice to see you awake." Bryce emphasizes with a smug smile.

"Since when did you become best friends with her?" Derek asks.

"You don't need to know anything, you dipshit." Bryce growls at him.

Derek glares at him, "And that's the reason why I'm asking, your attitude is the total opposite of hers."

"Can you guys just please, please shut your traps for once?" Trent barks at them.

The boys immediately shut up. Trent approaches me and takes a seat next to Ma.

"How are you feeling, birdie?" He softly asks.

I want to laugh at the transition of his voice, but instead I smile, "I'm quite okay right now. As you can see, I've had enough of being unconscious for a while." I joke.

He lets out a laugh, "That's good to hear."

I nod.

Trent takes my small hand in his and softly holds it. "We were worried about you." He rubs his thumb over the back of my palm, "I thought Chase had done something wrong to you so the only reasonable thing that I could think of was to punch his face for making you faint." He says, directly.