Chapter 6 - Very Own Paradise

The next morning Clary was woken up by her sheets being ripped off. She groaned and curled up in a ball, holding her legs tightly. "I don't wanna get up yet. It's cold in here!" She had stayed in the room meant for her, she wanted to stay with Jace, but thought better of it until she knew she could control herself. Besides, it felt almost wrong to stay with him with her brother right down the hall. The only pajamas that were in the drawers were silky shorts and tanks along with silky and lacy dresses. She opted for a matching night set of mauve silk shorts and tank. It was plenty comfortable, but not warm, especially not facing the crisp air without the blanket that was now being held by her brother. "Sebastiannnnnnn," She droned, clearly complaining.

"No, I don't wanna hear it. I promised fun today and dammit we are going to have it! Now get up before I splash cold water on you." She could hear in his voice that he was joking, but she didn't want to risk it. She wouldn't necessarily put it past him to do it. She sat up with a groan as he was already on his way out the door, yelling over his shoulder, "And pack a bathing suit!"

"A bathing su- What? Sebastian!" She called after him but he was already gone. Great. She muttered to herself. She was entirely at a loss for what was going on. Dragging her hands down her face, she headed to the bathroom, brushing her hair and washing her face. The dresser had so many clothes, but not many bathing suits at all. And there was no way she was going to wear some of them. She finally settled on an emerald green bikini with gold accents and paired it with a white lace coverup dress and black flip flops. Her hair fell in curly tumbles down her back. She had almost forgotten how long it had gotten, nearly touching the bottom of her waist. She grabbed a bag and walked over to Jace's room, peeking her head in without knocking, "Helloooo?"

Jace poked his head out of the bathroom with a smile, he was still dripping wet from a recent shower she had guessed, "Hey, beautiful." His perfect smile shone bright against his honey skin and it warmed her as much as it had the first time she had ever seen it.

"Are you ready to go? Sebastian said we would need bathing suits for, wherever he is taking us this time. But he said it was just for pleasure, no business this time. But I have a feeling he takes pleasure in his business, not that I know what his business is yet." She continued rambling on until she saw Jace's suppressing a laugh and she stopped herself. A look of confusion passed over his face for a brief moment, but it was gone as fast as it had appeared.

"Yeah, let me just change and I'll be down." With that she smiled and walked out, hopping down the stairs to see Sebastian drinking coffee in the kitchen.

"Well someone looks prepared." He raised an eyebrow as his eyes surveyed her, suddenly making her self-conscious. He was dressed navy shorts and a white shirt, smirking into his mug.

"Hey, you told me bathing suit! I was just doing as I was told." She chided, crossing her arms over her chest. A dark glint passed over his face for a moment and he smiled.

"Good. I'm glad you do as you're told." He was setting the mug down as Jace came clambering gracefully down the glass staircase. Sebastian looked extremely irritated and almost angry for a moment before he controlled it.

"It's alright if Jace comes too, right?" She hadn't even thought twice about it until now, she had thought Sebastian would have invited him himself. She tried to think back of when he told her of their trip, had he insinuated it would be just the two of us? If he had, she didn't pick up on it.

"Of course it's alright if Jace comes." There was no hint of any anger in his voice or composure anymore as he smiled at Jace and went to the portal door. "Are you both ready?" He turned back to look at them with a smile and, when they nodded, he stepped through with them trailing behind.