Chapter 6

I went into the school trying to find Braydon. I hid in the stairwell on the bottom floor. I figured that the group had split up to cover more ground. My theory seemed to be confirmed within seconds.

"See anything?" I heard one of the girls shout form one side of the bottom floor hallway.

"Not yet... Are you sure it's haunted ?" The other girl yelled back from the other direction.

"Positive" Braydon's voice sounded loud and clear from above me. If I were still alive my heart would be racing a million miles per hour. I saw a light geting brighter comming down the stairs. It would only be a matter of time before they found me or one of the others... or at least Braydon found us. I wondered if they would all think he was crazy. It took only moments for me to zone out in thought. My thoughts were interupted by a flashlight being pointed at my face.

"What the hell?!?" I yelled shielding my eyes from the brightness. I shot the flash light holder a sassy look only to find myself staring like an idiot at Braydon.

"Desma?" My name barely made it out of his mouth. He seemed shocked and frightened. This, of course, took away from his usually confident demeanor. I couldn't resist but to giggle a bit. He stared at me his expression never changing, paralized.

"That's my name and don't worry I won't hurt you." I smiled as sweetly as I possibly could, a small portion of my lifetime crush showing in my dead pale cheeks.

"But you're dead? How? What? " He manage to stumble out. "Hey-!" He yelled trying to grab the attention of the others but I interupted him by placing my hand over his mouth. I shook my head and placed one finger over my mouth a signal to keep quiet. He tried to wave me off. I heard one of the girls running towards us and stood stairing at Braydon. She appeared quickly into the stair well and staired straight at us. I took my hand off his mouth so he could speak. I kept my fingure over my mouth pleading with my eyes that he wouldn't say anything.

"I thought I saw Desma." he said.

"Where?" The girl looked around she couldn't see me.

"Over here" Braydon pointed at me. By this point I hit my head with the palm of my hand laughed.

"There's nothing there Bray, you're loosing it you know." She said walking away. He stared at me in amazement and fear then his instinct took ahold of him and he ran to the door.

"Can we get out of here this place is really starting to freak me out?" Braydon's voice ehoed through the corridor.

"Oh don't be such a wimp, what happened to you? ..." the girls voice drifted of into a light mumble that I couldn't make out what she was saying then I heard the closing of a door, and everything was silent again.