Chapter 3

Anthony held my hand as we walked down the hallway. We walked at a slow pace enjoying every second we were together. He was the first boy to make me feel alive - even if I was dead. I felt like He was the only one for me... Even if my mind sometimes wandered and thought about Braydon. 

"You're thinking of him again aren't you?" Anthony said slightly jealous. I stared up at him.

"Is someone a little jealous?" I teased winking at him. He sighed. I went on my tippy toes and kissed him softly on the cheek. "You shouldn't worry so much... You know I'm yours"

He smiled halfheartedly. We passed by the office and I saw my mom.

"Mom?" I exclaimed without even thinking. My eyes started watering. Anthony held me.

"She can't see you, Shrimp." He said stroking my hair trying to calm me down.

"But...but..... " the tears came out blurring my sight. "Mommy"

I ran out of Anthony's arms and opened the office door in such a rush. My arms reached out for her but they went right through her. She wasn't a seer.... Only seers could interact with invisibles.

I broke down crying. I felt my legs fall out from under me. I sobbed. Between sobs I would mumble:

"Mommy I love you.....please don't go!" But she stopped talking to the lady at the desk and left. I stayed there crumpled on the ground until the moment that Anthony came into the office and picked me up and carried me like a small child.

"Shhhhhhhh....... It's gonna be okay." He whispered softly into my ear. "I'll make sure it'll be okay"