Chapter 2

Our secret place wasn't overly secretive. To be honest it wasn't a secret at all, just not a lot of the other invisibles liked the place. I laid my head on Anthony's knees. He stroked my hair softly. I closed my eyes loosing myself in thought and eventually falling a sleep listening to the gym music that blasted while the humans played their silly gym games.

Dreams came rarely now. Not much to look forward ,to when you're dead. A few of the invisibles got dreams when it was time for their mission to start but other than that it was utter blackness. So it surprised me to find myself dreaming an old dream from when I was still alive.

A human boy wrapped his arms around my now invisible body, by the light of some fire. He looked frail and yet familiar. I knew him from my past life. He was my old crush. Braydon was his name. I could barely reconized him because of the soot smudges on his body. His crystal blue eyes looked down at me with worry. It didn't shock me to find out he was a seer. A very rare breed of humans that could see ghosts and invisibles. He kept his grip on me as if protecting me from something or someone, like I was his and no one else's . A feeling I had always wished he'd give me when I was alive. I didn't care to feel this from him ever since I met Anthony. Anthony had become my everything. That's when I was ripped out of Braydon's arms. Braydon collapsed onto the dew moistened grass. While whatever had gripped me away fliped me aroud to face it.

Anthony's eyes glowed a blood red........

I woke up screaming in Anthony's arms.

"Shhhhhhh, Shrimp it's ok. I'm here shhhh" Anthony smiled at me reasuringly holding me tight against his chest. I could feel my breath coming out of me heavily. I baried my head in his chest hiding from my nightmare. He might have been the bad guy but he was my only hope of being sane at the moment.

I could feel a set of eyes on me. I glimpsed over my shoulder to see Braydon sitting on a bench staring up at the bleachers where Anthony and I were. He shook his head trying to get the image out of his head, I knew what he was doing I've seen him do it a million times since I died. He was trying to convice himself he didn't see me and that he wasn't at all crazy.

I always disappeared to make him feel better, to calm him. I loved his smile whether I was dead or alive. Seeing him stressed made me feel sad or guilty.

"Hey Anthony, can we go?" I asked, my voice still slightly shaking from the dream I had. He nodded and kissed my forehead. and just like that we left Braydon there pondering what he had seen.