Chapter 5

The snow fell from the sky.... I couldn't feel the cold... I wish I could but I couldn't. He sat beside me like a loyal friend. Unlike that useless person I used to hangout with. Ashton was different. Unlike "he-who-shall-not-be-named" , Ashton was an outcast like me. Surprisingly I had barely noticed him before, I mean I glanced at him a bit when I first saw him down the hallway but I never thought he'd be the one to stick with me. We're just friends nothing more. I think it might be cause he knows the damage caused by Anthony won't heal very quickly.

The name is bitter in my thoughts and my memories. Time wasted away trying to impress him to love him and then he goes and does that... Who does he think he is .... A God? Whatever? I haven't talked to him in so long it doesn't matter to me anymore.... The only thing that matters is figuring out my mission and completing it.

"Ash?" I said in a thoughtful tone.

"What is it Des? "He looked at me hope in his eyes. Hope of something but I'm not sure what...

"How long do you think it'll take to heal my broken dead heart?" I sounded like I was under a spell or something. I looked at him with a slightly frightened expression. He took my hand in his.

"Well technically since you're dead and your body is dead... And because your body and heart and every part of you except your soul is dead..... And dead things can't heal because they're dead.... So the answer technically will be your broken dead heart will never heal...... Now if we're talking metaphorically..."

"Oh just shut up!" I punched him playfully in the arm. He laughed making me smile a goofily.

I saw a light flicker and then heard footsteps.... Human foot steps. I looked at where the light was coming from, there in a circle stood five boys and two girls. You could tell who was who by the colour and design of what they wore shown by the soft light of the flashlight.

I noticed the group had caught Ashton's eye too...

It took me a while, but that's when I noticed the boy holding the flashlight was .....

"Braydon" I gasped before I could stop myself...

He was shifting uneasily from side to side as they stood in the cold. Then a few minutes later, he disappeared with the others into the school.