John and Cynthia Lennon the first kiss part 1

Cynthia's P.O.V

"Would you like to dance ma' lady?" He asked, holding his hand out ready for me to take.

I panicked and didn't know what to say so I ended up coming out with the most ridiculous thing I have ever said in my life.

"No I'm sorry but I'm engaged" I replied almost as soon as John said what he said and I instantly regretted it.

"I didn't ask ye' to bloody marry me did I!" John snaps and with that he stormed off angrily.I felt the tears in my eyes threatening to spill. I really liked John and I don't have a clue why I said that, that has to be the most embarrassing thingsI have ever said in my life.

You see, he makes me have that feeling you get deep down in the pit of your stomach. Those annoying butterflies you get whenever someone mentions that familiar name or whenever you see them. No man has ever made me feel like that before but John. Oh John. He's not like any other man. He's so different. So fascinating.

I walked back  Into the room where my best friend, Phil was waiting for me at a table. She asked me what was wrong and I explained everything to her about what has just happened. She and my mother were the only ones that knew I had a crush on John.

After a lot of talking (and drinking) I was starting to feel a little tipsy so I thought it was best if I went home. John hasn't talked to me all night, (I know I missed a part out when John Asks Cynthia to go to the pub with him. Sorry:(     ). I don't know why John asked me  here when he hasn't said much to me ALL NIGHT! As I opened the door to leave, I heard him say to his friends "I'll see you later boys, I've gotta go" and then He shouted my name:

"Cynthia!"

I hesitantly turned round to face John, still holding onto the door handle.  "Are ye going?"

"Yes. It's getting late and my mother is probably worried about me" I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and blushed.

"No!.. I mean stay" He cleared his throat.