1

Freya's POV

It could've been worse you know? But it wasn't as bad as working at a gas station or something. It's not what I originally planned on doing with my life, but magic is pretty much my life now.

I stood on the board-walk in California. People, children and pets strolled along the beach and right past me. I straightened my hot pink denim shorts and my black over-sized sweater. I plopped my black fedora onto my head, my turquoise hair in soft waves and my blue eyes scanned my surroundings and I began.

I found the closest person I could. It was a man and woman with their daughter. "Hi, my name's Freya, would you like me to show you a magic trick?" I asked them. The mother seemed hesitant at first like I was going to be like a weirdo and make their daughter disappear but her husband already answered for her. I fanned out the cards in my hand. The man scanned the cards for a minute and chose on closest to the left. He looked at the card and then put it back in the deck. By now, some people started crowding around us. I put the cards but into one pile and shuffled them. I swung my arm back and threw the deck of cards into the air. They all floated to the ground except for one that floated down to my hand.

"Is this your card?" I asked flipping the card up to show the man. His jaw dropped.

"Yes, how did you..." He said to me.

I just smiled and moved onto the next person. I was about to put the cards into my back pocket when I felt a little tug on my hand. I looked down seeing the little girl. I bent down so I was her height.

"Are you magic?" She asked me in her small voice.

"Yes." I replied.

"Here." I said to her. I handed her the pack of cards I was using and her fragile hands wrapped around them. "Practice and someday you'll be magic too."

I continued on for the rest of the day. By now, my hat was on the ground as people threw some money in it. I said a quick goodbye to everyone around me and gathered my things. I took the money out of my hat and put it in my back pocket and put the hat back on my head. I was about to walk down the boardwalk when something caught my eye. I walked over to a parking meter and plucked a card from the top. It had the word "Fool" written on the front. I flipped it over to see the back.

March 29
4:44 pm
45 East Evan ST NY.

I looked behind me to see if anyone was there. Looks like was going to New York.