11

I woke up on the couch beside Jack. Well, not technically, my feet were curled up to my side as I was lying on Jack's legs. I groaned and got up. I checked my phone which was on the coffee table. It was almost 10 in the morning and I had gotten multiple texts from Henley. Boy was she nosy.

I switched on the TV and channel surfed for a minute before stopping to watch the news. The reporter was reporting about our "crash" on the bridge where Jack and I "died".

"My mom's going to flip." I stated interrupting the television.

"On the bright side, you'll have a big crowd at your funeral." Jack said cheery. I laughed and got up to run upstairs to get ready.

After I took a shower, I changed into black skinny jeans, a red tank top, a leather jacket and my black converse then hopped back downstairs.

When I got downstairs, I ran out of the room. I opened the hotel door again and went inside. I went to the kitchen and dropped the bag I was carrying.

"Where'd you go?" Jack asked entering the kitchen.

"I had a craving for ice-cream." I replied pulling out 2 containers of ice-cream. I grabbed 2 spoons out of the drawer and grabbed the tub of Mint Chocolate Chip.

"Care to join me?" I asked Jack waving a spoon in his face. He sighed and took the spoon following me to the couch.

I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach every time Jack laughed, I couldn't like Jack. We're best friends. But he looked so cute, And the way his eyes spark- No! Don't think like that! I can't, I shouldn't. Well, maybe just a little bit...

We talked and ate until the ice cream was gone then kept up our absent-minded conversation until we both got tired and went up to bed.

--------

"Five more minutes!" I whined. Jack was persistently trying to wake me up.

"C'mon! Hen's going to be here soon!" He exclaimed. My eyes shot open. I missed Henley so much, it was ridiculous.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded. I thought about it for a moment and decided it was best if I got up.

"Fine." I grumbled. Jack jumped up in victory. "Yes!" He cheered. I laughed at him as he left me to change.

After I took a long shower, I changed out of my comfy sweatpants and into lilac shorts, a black shirt with lace sleeves and a pair of black flats. I grabbed my phone seeing a text from Henley saying that they were coming over to tell us the next part of the plan.

I jogged downstairs were Jack was watching TV. I plopped on the couch beside him happily.

"See? It wasn't that hard." He told me. I stuck my tongue out at him. I felt very childish today. Well then again, when am I not?

Almost an hour later I heard someone knock at the door. I stuck my spoon in the tub of ice-cream and jumped over the back of the couch and ran to the door. I threw open the door and my 3 other best friends came in.

"Henley!" I yelled giving her into a tight hug. She laughed and hugged me back.

"Feeling the love." Danny said behind us. I pulled away from Henley's hug.

"I missed your sarcasm. I think some of it rubbed off on me." I told Danny pulling him into a hug. To my surprise, he hugged back. I think Henley did something to him.

After all our greetings and exchanging hugs, we were all seated back in the living room. Danny and Henley sat extremely close together. I was watching them the entire time. Something was going on between them. I sat in the middle of Merritt and Jack.