Worth A Shot

"Are you sure?" I ask once again, just to confirm.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, Ella. Their contract allows them..." Mindy, my manager, confirms again.

"Ok... Uhm... I'll figure something out. Thanks for the call. Bye." I throw my phone on the couch. How is this possible? I'm going to go on my tour without dancers! Who does that? Its ruined! Ruined!
I grab the box Rice Crispies and plop down on the couch in the living room of my apartment. I turn on the TV, stuff my face with Rice Crispies and put on Dance Moms.
Wait a minute... Dance Moms! Yeah!
Whats the chance... Oh! I mean, its worth a shot!

I jump on my computer and email the ALDC LA...

Hi.

I am Ella Smith, I'm a singer here in LA.
I'm desperately in need of backup dancers for my national tour, 'See you then', which starts in 2 weeks and I was wondering if some of your dancers would be available to join me. I specifically asked your studio, because of the stars you produce and I know that I would be able to find great dancers at your studio.

Thank you for your time.
Kind regards,
Ella Smith

And send.
I really hope I can get a couple of dancers from them.

Maddie POV

The team and I were in the office of ALDC LA, hanging out before we start filming. The girls are on their phones and I'm playing on Abby's computer, when I see an email come through.
"Oh my Word! Guys come check! It's an email from Ella Smith!" I yell,once I open it.

"Very funny Maddie. Why would THE Ella Smith email miss Abby?" Kendall asks.

"I promise!" I say as I open the email to show them. "See?"

"It is her!" Brynn yells. "What does that it say?" She leans over my shoulder.

"Let me check." There is an anticipating silence as I read the email. "Aaaaa" I yell when I see what she wrote. "She wants dancers for her tour!"
We all yell and jump up and down like little 4 year olds.

"I'm writing back!"
"Kenzie! You can't! Miss Abby hasn't  even seen it!"
"Girls, time for pyramid!"

****

"On the bot..."
"Miss Abby?" I raised my hand. Everyone looks at me, shocked. No one interrupts pyramid.

"What Maddie?" She sighs

"When I was on your computer earlier, an email came through from Ella Smith." Jill gasps. I forgot she knows everything about pop stars. "She needs dancers for her tour. The girls and I were wondering if we could maybe go?"

"Maddie, after 11 years with me, have you not learned that I decide? And why were you on my emails?"

"I was editing your video when it came through." I cover myself up. "Please can we go? I mean, this IS why we came to LA after all..."

"That is true. Okay let's see... How much does she mean to all of you?" Miss Abby asks, kinda annoyed.

We all start talking the same time.
"She's such an inspiration!"
"It would be a dream come true!",
"She's such a great role Model!"
"I love her so much!"
"It's all I want."
Even Jill and Melissa adds "It's a great opportunity, Abby."

"Okay! Quiet!" Miss Abby yells. "I'll email her back and tell her we have 5 dancers for her!" Yayyyyyyy!

"Abby", Jill asks "Maybe you can ask her if Kendall can be her opening act?"

"Uhhh! Jill! Get over yourself, please!" Abby yells