~ TWENTY ~

| M A N |

Niall winced when he looked into the mirror to the bathroom. The bruises that were now a collection along his ribcage, stomach, and sides were big and purple, so ugly and unflattering. He needed to grab some concealer to hide them, he didn't want his clients seeing him like this, they wouldn't pay for a trash bag like him.

Ivy and Nicolas were asleep in what was now their room, not Niall's. The blond had the floor in the living room to lay on all night, had to clean up his own blood that caked the wood floors, and now he has to take their mat to the Laundromat to get it cleaned, his blood had stained most of it, plus some of the alcohol he drank had spilled onto it when he passed out.

Maybe he should go now, before the devil couple wake up and order him around to do something much more agonizing. But then there was the risk of bumping into the god awful four ex boyfriends that seemed to be in every place that he was in. BlackPool wasn't as big as London or Manchester, but it wasn't that damn small.

He pushed the thought of meeting them aside though, knowing he would just be stupid if he decided to stay with the monsters in his own home then just have a simple encounter with the four ex boyfriends that might just simply get on his nerves like always.

So he limped and very slowly made his way back into the living room, being sure to wear some sweatpants and a baggy sweater, he wanted to be covered completely. If he showed his body around at this time of day in the morning, he would surely get police stalking behind him asking what he did for a living.

Getting arrested was the absolute last thing he wanted right now.

He was out of the apartment in about ten minutes, it taking him even longer now since every time he stepped it felt like his ribs were going to bust right out of his body, and every time he breathed the bones shifted inside his chest. The pain was adding up, and it got worse and worse as he limped along the sidewalk, trying to be as quick as possible in case the boys were still in their hotel room across the road and would see him.

He was successful, and now he had to deal with other peoples concerned stares as they saw him waddle down the street, cringing pathetically every time his feet shifted. He should got to the hospital, he really should, but he's dealt with broken bones before, as soon as he'll get drugs in his system he won't be able to feel anything, and the pain will go away soon.

It wasn't the best way to do things, but if he stepped one foot into the hospital the doctors would be on top of him in seconds, then the police will be involved, then his family, then the boys. It was a mess he didn't want to create, and besides, he was used to suffering.

-

The Laundromat was packed when he walked through the doors, and he decided to wait patiently behind an old lady who was just placing her floral print clothes into her basket. She shifted her gaze to him a couple times, obviously checking out how damaged he looked.

"You look pretty rough dear, are you alright?" She asked, her voice was soothing, her accent was deep and he had to strain his ears to understand her.

"Uh yeah, I'm perfectly fine love. Just, rough night is all." He gave her a smile, trying bring down the pain in his expression as much as possible so she would leave him alone, and it seemed to work as she motioned to grab for her basket.

"Well, take care then. You should rethink those rough nights next time, yeah?" She joked, and he tried laughing but that only made him wince harshly, making the ladies eyes widen and her mouth open to speak again, but he put a hand out to stop her.

"Hangovers are the worst for me, that's all. Have a nice day." He didn't wait for her to answer, just limped over to the washer and sighed in relief when he finally had something to support himself on. He had to close his eyes for a second, feeling the pain die down just the slightest notch.