Prologue

"Lily, come here" he mother called. Lily looked around the house, for her mother, before running outside.

"What is it?" Lily asked, her hands in her pockets.

"I have an early Birthday present for you" her mother answered holding up a small grey thing with a ribbon wrapped around it "she's yours" her mother said.

It took Lily a moment to realize what it was, but when she did she gasped "A kitten!"

Her mother nodded "She's a rescue from my smokehouse back at base, her mother took the rest of the kittens and left her to die, so she's a wild cat at heart still, better make sure she stays out of that forest or she'll be dead meat." Lily nodded looking out to the area beyond their house. She knew behind the abandoned house their was a forest, she sometimes went out their hiking so she knee about the strays, foxes, badgers, wolves, and other things that could easily kill a small kitten like her.

"How old is she?" Lily asked to change the subject.

"Only a few weeks old, we don't know for sure, so you'll have to feed her with kitten formula because she should still be drinking milk. So what are you going to name her?"

Lily took the small kitten and thought for a second before answering with one word "Smoka"

Sorry it's short but I saw I forgot this and figured that you guys would like to know where Smoka came from so I decided the day she got her home