one.

letter 0.1
-

kim taehyung's pov
-

i woke up in the same bed where i slept on the day i first saw you and the day we ended.

from the beginning to the end, i never realized how much you meant until now.

i got up from my messy bed, clutching my pounding head, and made my way to my desk.

how can something so soft and full of cotton feel like countless thorns?

not only did the bed feel like thorns, but now also the hard wooden floor that i walked on did too.

i still, however, forced myself to continue to walk over to my desk, trying to ignore the exacerbating pain.

my fingers proceeded to wrap themselves around the broken pencil that was scattered on my desk along with the other utensils that had been carelessly thrown in the midst of yesterday's breakdown.

i hesitated to bring the dull tip of the pencil to the paper for a slight moment, debating whether or not what i'm about to do is a good idea.

staring at the pencil i'm reminded of us. beautiful, we once were, but now we're shattered and broken up like this pencil. i realized that breaking up with you isn't the most tragic though. the fact that our love has withered away and become dull like this pencil is much more tragic.

at least when our love is strong, a break up could lead to a make up, but when a person's love starts to wither away, chances are they won't become one once again.

my hands, with a mind of their own, found a pencil sharper and started to sharpen the dull pencil, pretending the pencil was a symbol of our love.

i resisted the urge to touch the sharpened tip, but i failed to do so. at the contact of my finger and the thorn, a faint whimper was heard and i could feel the tears brimming in my eyes once again at the thought of you.

and as the first tear fell from my eye, i began writing on the delicate sheet of white paper.

-

dear jiwoo,

i've decided to write to you from now on. i can only hope this will not become a burden to you although i know it probably will.

our separation wasn't easy, i understand, but each second that passes drives me crazy. doesn't it drive you crazy?

the way you walked, the way you talked, and the way you blocked me out of your life doesn't leave my mind. it was as if i met a stranger.

but since we've already separated, i wanted to say thank you and you're welcome at the same time. although i don't quite understand why, my heart just keeps pointing to these two phrases when i think of you.

passerby,

kim taehyung.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

each letter that taehyung writes (well i write) will be referencing or inspired (even if it's just a little bit) by a song. the first letter here is based on infinite's nam woohyun's song titled passerby. i just rly love woohyun's voice and the song is in media section up above <3