一fourteen

[dying bc i haven't updated this story in literally 349 days which is practically a year. sorry not sorry. sorry. honestly had 99% of this chapter completed months ago whoops]

-

the thing about love it that it's blinding, blinding enough that it hurts.

the diamond called love that shines is actually just a mere piece of coal, but yet again coal that burns can give warmth.

but really... when comparing, usually people would view coal as worthless when comparing it to a diamond. that's because the coal requires a massive much to become a diamond, to wash away all of its impurities.

and that's why i held onto the false hope. i held on to that false hope because our piece of coal did turn into a diamond. i believed and still do believe that what we had was actually love for each other. if our love was a lie then we would've been far from the bright light so tell me why all the effort and time spent to craft a mere diamond was thrown away.

-

again i ask myself why i  was the only one suffering cruelly, but i have to stop.

it's been two weeks now since the day i sat at the street food vendor staining the food with my sentimental tears. two weeks since that moment that repeats in my as if it was just yesterday.

i stopped writing to you.

i couldn't bring myself to.

i didn't come crying to you.

i stopped seeking you out.

i ended things.

ending things, the linking chain between you and i, was all i could do.

psst.. but let me again tell you a secret. diamonds don't actually come from coal so then again maybe we were never real. the smart kid with the broken sunglasses down the corner said that the result of turning coal into diamonds would only get you lousy diamonds full of impurities...

in the meanwhile i decided to get a part time job to distract my head. the bubble tea store isn't exactly the most ideal place, but it was a place where i had to study to learn the recipe for the drinks and store layout, tend to costumer needs, and follow the hierarchy of the store. it was a tiring yet perfect job for me.

you know, a distraction.

and hey, they threw in a 25% discount on tapioca orders for employees so how could i say no! these days im really craving the mocha flavor. or was it the green tea frappuccino?

you can go no wrong with sweets.

i made my way to the tables in the corner. sometimes i wished customers wouldn't just get everything they see in front of them and just get what they're actually going to buy, but costumers are the kings and queens. not one word is allowed directly towards them and in their face negatively.

but seriously, you should at least attempt to clean up a mess you left behind. other people need the seat too.

-

distracted by my mental argument, a person hits me when i'm turning around, her drink slightly spilling on my hands.

"oh! i'm sorry! are you alright kid?" the customer asks, making her way towards me and resting her hands on my arms.

i recognized her.