•eleven•

"mom, what are you talking about? do what again?"

i stared at her still figure, curiosity bursting with the need for answers.

"y-you mean you weren't going to d-do it again?" relief flushed through her face but her glassy eyes where struggling to stay together.

"do what again?" i ask a second time.

i don't know what she's talking about.

if she's talking about something repeating itself but i do not know of it, then chances are it is something forgotten.

i suffer from selective amnesia.

i was suppose to recover from it shortly, but it's been too long. the doctors are puzzled as to why the memories haven't come back after all these years.

i guess though if i forgot about it then it's not that important, right?

"i'm s-sorry. i thought you had remembered," my mother said, but she clearly fumbled to find words.

"remember what?" i pushed.

my mind itched to read jiwoo's letter, but i know i would not get another opportunity like this with my mother. my life has been a blur. i want it crystal clear.

i don't remember much of my freshman year in high school.

when i returned to school after a long hospital stay, kids gave me weird looks. students i didn't talk to came up to me and asked questions about a person but they don't mention a name. they tell me they don't know her name.

my best friends also asked if i was coping up okay.

i asked them why wouldn't i be okay.

they changed the topic.

"it's nothing taehyung. carry on what you were doing," my mother tells me with her gaze at the letter in my hands, her fingers dancing nervously together below.

a lie.

i take steps towards her, placing arms on both of her shoulders.

"tell me. tell me the truth. tell me what i forgot."

her eyes meet mine before breaking away with tears falling on both sides.

the sight of my mother like this pains me, but i know i've broken her mask.

i know she'll tell me what i forgot.

there's no where left for her to hide this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~

super short update! school is starting in a few days ;~;

ill try to stuff in one more update that's longer before school starts okay-

but let's uncover taehyung's past!