You Promised

Taehyung paced around the room, waiting for Jin to return. It had been two hours and he was on the verge of calling it a night. Just as he was about to head off to bed, the door flung open.

"Sorry Tae, Jungkook needed help with his phone an-" Jin stopped mid sentence when he saw the tears in Taehyung's eyes. "What's wrong," he asked.

"I-I... I have to break up with you, Jin," Taehyung chocked.

"What? Why?! What happened?" Jin asked, not wanting to believe what he had just heard.

"I-I'm choosing Jimin over you. I-I..." Taehyung's voice trailed off.

"You what?" Jin asked, anger boiling in his chest as he heard the name "Jimin."

"I love him.... More than you. I-I'm so sorry," Taehyung's voice broke as he ran outside; down a long flight of stairs, down the street, not stopping until he reached a nearby bus stop.

Jin paused for a moment, taking in everything that had just happened. He was tempted to pull out his knife and cut away his emotions, but he needed Taehyung to be his, even if the boy didn't love him back. He ran after Taehyung, looking down every ally way and street, until he finally saw him boarding a bus to downtown Seoul.

"Wait!" He called after it.

Too late.

The bus doors closed and drove away. But Jin ran after it, not letting his happiness slip away from him so easily.

Not again.

By the time the bus stopped downtown, Jin was out of breath, stumbling towards it.

-

Taehyung was the only person to get off, the bus speeding away as soon as his feet hit the pavement. He looked around, taking in his surroundings. He was in front of an alleyway that was all too familiar. He started walking away from it when something caught his eye: On a nearby window, there was a poster.

WANTED FOR MURDER

Taehyung barley recognized the picture they used of him, of who he was only a few months ago. He had changed so much after meeting Jin.

Jin.

       A figure came crashing into Taehyung from out of the darkness.

"What the- Jin?!" Tae yelled.

Everyone on the streets were gone; this part of Seoul was somewhat dangerous at night.

"Tae, you promised me you loved me, not him," Seokjin cried into his chest.

"Listen Jin, I-"

"You said you wanted to be with me forever, and then the next thing I know, you say you want to leave me for him?!" Jin sobbed, breaking Taehyung's already shattered heart.

"Jin, I can explain..." Tae said, trying to think of the words. Thinking of how he could tell him just how much he loved him and how much he wanted to be with him.

"What?! Explain how you just used me for a shelter, and job, and education?! How, once you got back up on you're feet, you were just gonna leave me?!" Jin shouted, tears streaming down his face.

"Jin, I-" Jin grabbed the knife out from his back pocket, shaking uncontrollably. He slowly got up.

"Y-You were all I had left," he whispered as he drew the blade on himself.

"Jin wai-"

"Freeze!" Came a shout from the distance.