Water

Seokjin looked around as water started to gush in through the cracks. He had heard gunshots a few seconds before, and he quickly stood up, trying to free himself from his restraints. He heard footsteps on the roof of the van and the back door soon flew open, sending in a flood of water and a coughing Taehyung.

"Tae, what are you doing here?! You shouldn't of came back for me!" Jin exclaimed and looked down to see the gun in Taehyung's hand. "D-did you kill them?" Jin whispered as Tae nodded his head, panic spreading across his face like a wild fire.

"I have to get you out Jin, I have to save you!" Taehyung shouted and stared at the lock on the cell, then at the handcuffs holding Jin back. "Fuck!" He yelled and approached the cell. "Do you know where the keys are?" Jin shook his head.

      They were probably on the officers. Tae was about to swim to the front of the van when he realized the water was already up to his knees.

"Jin, I'll be right back," he said and swam to the front of the vehicle.

One of the officers bodies had managed to escape from the vehicle and float away, leaving the one in the passengers seat. Taehyung fiddled around at the officers uniform, finding nothing; hoping, praying, that the keys weren't with the other body that was long gone. He searched around until he spotted something shiny under the officers leg.

Keys.

      He grabbed them and swam back to Jin. The water was up to his chest now. The front of the van was completely submerged, tilting at a strange angle so the back of it was sticking up out of the water a bit. Tae tried every key on the chain.

There were about 50 of them.

He fumbled with the keychain just as the van lurched forward, sinking at a much faster pace. They were completely under water now, both being forced to hold their breaths as they continued to sink. The van lurched forward so abruptly that Taehyung dropped the keys, instinct telling him to grab onto something.

He saw hope drain from Jin's eyes as he watched the keys float out the back doors and into the dark water.

      Jin and Tae both began to cry, tears blending with water as they knew how this would end. Jin couldn't stand the feeling of suffocation anymore, and he locked eyes with Tae as he struggled. Even though Taehyung was struggling himself, he knew he could easily swim out the back and up to the far away surface.

But he didn't want to leave Jin.

He wanted to spend their last few moments together, not caring if he died in the process because he knew Jin would, too. Tae reached his hand up and touched Seokjin's hair, twisting and twirling it like he had done so long ago.

      Finally, when he could tell Jin was barley holding on, Tae lowered his hand and lifted up his other one.

The one with the gun in it.

He locked eyes with Jin again, and they told him a thousand things at once. He hated to do it, but he wanted Jin to die without drowning. He didn't know why, but drowning seemed like a petty way to leave the world. He wanted the guy who changed him, who brought him in from the alleyway out of the kindness of his heart, who loved him when no one else did, to go out with a bang.

      He lifted the gun to Jin's temple and looked one last time at the eyes who begged him for freedom. With his other hand, he reached through the cell and pulled Jin's head towards his. They locked lips through the small gap between the iron bars.

He then pulled the trigger and felt the soft lips let go as he watched Seokjin's body sink to the bottom of the small cell, the water around him turning a sickening shade of red.

Taehyung looked up towards the surface before blacking out.