4: Realization Hits Hard

"TheREALIZATION of ignorance is the first act of knowing." - JeanTooner

Charlie'sPOV

It'sa beautiful Saturday morning of the last week of August, almost endof summer vacation. I gonna be in Grade 5 on September and I'malmost ten years old.

Mysix cousins and I jogged around the wet lands in our community forour morning workouts!

KuyaAdrian, the eldest among us, always wanted us to be fit for thebasketball championship game this afternoon. It's an inter-communitybasketball league.

Todayis the championship final of the best of three games. And the scorefor both team was tied. The close-by community players are mostlytaller than us and aged between 14 to 17 already.

Whileour team aged between 9 to 17 years old. I'm the youngest and theshortest but the quickest point guard!

Afterthree lapsed around the huge wet lands that took us almost two hours,we decided to went home. In our house to eat breakfast.

UncleBerto, now Aunt Bertie, as he wanted to be called because a year ago,he admitted that he's a sissy. I don't understand it yet but he'sacting like my teacher, like a girl.

IfDaddy and my two uncles are not home, he was even wearing a girldresses, blouses and skirt. Just like today, he's wearing a maxifloral dress. He's even wearing a pink headband on his longer hair –up to his shoulder.

KuyaBradley, my most serious cousins said to accept him as he is! Anyway, he's a good cook and he's taking care of all of us. He saidhe's the second mother to all of us cousins, cause we don't have amother anymore!

Idon't get it why our mothers needed to died so early. But it's goodthat our Aunt Bertie is now a sissy! Now, we have a girl in ourfamily of boys!

Doyou know that all of us cousins have long hair for boys? KuyaAdrian, Kuya Austin and Kuya Bradley's hair are just passed theirears. Maybe because their in Senior HS now so they've made itshorter than usual.

WhileAshton, Braiden and Brandon (They don't want to be called Kuya asthey are just a year or two years older than me) are up to theirshoulder but always on boyish bun. They said that we, the Villarealcousins became popular because of our long hair. It attracts girlsand I think, it true! We have a lot of fans. In our community andin our school.

Butmy hair is the longest, it's up to the middle of my back now. It'salways in pony tail too but after shower, I'm having a hard timebrushing it. Aunt Bertie was the one brushing it.

ButI hate long hair because I look-like a girl. Some boys in my schoolsaid that I am a girl wearing the boys clothes. They said that myface is so angelic and femininely pretty to be a boy. They even saidthey're being gay because they have a crush with me.

Itold them, I'm a certified boy because I don't like them and . . .I'm just more handsome than them. Actually, I don't have crush yeteven the girls, I'm so young for that!

Iwant my hair to be cut, really short like a soldier. But Aunt Bertierefused. He's the one cutting our hair. He just trimmed it alittle. Well, I can't complaint.

"Boys,You should eat more so you'll all grow-up taller, lean and handsome." He said in a girly voice. The foods are almost gone and eat more. .. didn't he see how gluttonous my cousins are? As if they didn't eatfor months! He he he

Well,our breakfast are really good, fried rice with ham, bacon bits andmixed vegetables. There's sausages and baked salmon, fresh fruitsand almond milk.