Chapter 5

Hey guys! Welcome back, sorry I haven't been updating as much as I would like, I freaking got writer's block. Working to make sure this story isn't cliche is hard work. 

Anyways, I'm so stoked that I got a little over 300 reads on this in such a short amount of time! Thank u so much guys! 

Sooooo to ease my boredom and try to make communication with my readers, I'm going to ask u guys a question every update. 

This updates question is; What color is ur hair? 

Mine is brown with teal in it. 

Ok, well I'm done now. Onto updating. Btw I really hate silent readers. They annoy me. 

Just saying. 

Sorry the chapter is so short :( 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A loud knocking on my front door startles me, making me jump in my chair in front of my laptop. I debate with myself whether to investigate it since it's continuing, and finally decide to stealthily look through the peep hole.

After the whole "Jeff incident" last night, I've gotten really jumpy over every little thing. 

Probably from excitment. Penelope says. 

I wish. Oh, how I wish. 

Being the crazy fangirl that I am, I would, in fact I did, expect to be super excited and eager for my encounter with Jeff, but one is simply not expectant of the reality of it. 

I'm happy to actually have caught Jeff's attention, even if it's just because I'm his next victim and not romantically. 

Jess, what are you saying? Jeff is a psychopath, do you really think he can actually feel love? And even crazier, towards you? He's a killer, he won't hesitate to kill you. It's not like the fanfictions, this is real life. 

Why must I have to keep telling myself this? Jeff is labeled a killer for a reason. 

A hot killer. Penelope says. 

I sigh and walk down the stairs to the banging sound coming from the door. I slowly stand on my tip toes to look through the peep hole, and I almost gasp at what I see. It's my mother and my sister.

I quickly unlock the door and let them in. They both stumble into the doorway, practically tripping over their own feet. 

"Oh my goodness, honey I'm so sorry!" My mother exclaims, hugging me so tightly that I'm deprived of the air that was once inside my lungs. 

"We went to the store but then it snowed so much that we got snowed in and when we finally got out in the morning our car was stolen so we had to catch a ride back!" Mom explains. 

"Poor Jessica, you must have been so worried." My sister says, looking at me. 

"Don't call me Jessica, Natalie." I say, gritting my teeth. I know for a fact that I've told my sister more than once not to use my full name, ever. 

"Right, sorry." She replies. 

Now that my sister and my mother have returned, I no longer have to worry if they've been killed already by Jeff. But the problem still remains. They are still in danger, after all, Jeff has yet to return and I have the assumption that he has gotten himself an accomplice.

I almost decide to tell them about Jeff, but then I decide against it. Informing them will only make them panic, laugh at me, or send me to a mental hospita, because Jeff is supposed to be fictional character. 

Damn you Jeff, cornering me. 

I honestly don't have a clue why I'm fighting to save myself, I'd welcome death with an open door, but I've never attempted it myself, I'd rather someone else do it for me. I suppose it's human instict to run away from danger.

Suddenly, I hear my mother screaming bloody murder upstairs, which snaps me out of my thoughts to see that I was still standing in the doorway. 

Has Jeff finally come?

I race up to my room, and run towards my bathroom when I don't see her anywhere in sight. She's in my bathroom, staring at my dead cat hanging in the shower with a look of pure horror.

Dammit, I forgot to clean that up. 

Liar, you didn't forget, you just didn't want to have to see that. Penelope says. 

I know, I know. I reply.

"What happened?!?" Mother screeches. 

Crap, crap. Excuse excuse! Think Jess, think! 

"I....I..." 

"Did you do this?" My mom whsipers, on the verge of tears. 

"What? No, I...." 

What am I supposed to tell her? Some freak came in and killed the cat and I'm still alive? How exactly does that work? 

I'm so thankful that I cleaned the message off my mirror, otherwise there would be some serious questions to be asked. 

"I was a bit concerned, but now I realize that this is an issue." Mom says, tears now streaming down her red cheeks. 

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I ask. 

"I'm sorry Jessica, but this is for the best." She says, taking out her cell phone. 

"What's for the best?!" I'm almost yelling. 

She dials a number and steps out of my room. 

"Mom!" I yell after her, standing with my head drooping. 

"What's going on?" Natalie asks, coming to stand in front of me. 

"I don't know." I reply. 

"Natalie dear, get away from your sister." Mother orders, her voice shaking. 

"Why?" Natalie asks, unmoving. 

"Please, get away from your sister." Mom repeats. 

"No." Natalie replies. 

"Natalie, get away from her!" Mom yells, grabbing Natalie's arm and pulling her away from me. 

Suddenly, a large group of men wearing white suits barged into our house and marched up the stairs, grabbing me and holding me down.

"Jess!" Natalie yells at me, her eyes filled with tears, while mother continues to hold her against her will. 

The suited men drag me away forcefully, towards a white van that's parked outside the driveway. 

As these men are dragging me away, I suddenly realize who they are. I know their purpose here. 

"Jess!" Natalie yells after me, as they throw me into the van and handcuff me, before they shut the doors and I'm left in darkness.