Chapter 7

Hello everyone! I just want to clarify in this author's note that this story is going to be a bit confusing for y'all, but I'll be explaining everything so u get it. I've been thinking a lot about the plot and future events lately, so I have it more developed. 

Also, this story is going to be 30 chapters long, minimum. I do not plan on making any kind of sequel, but I can't make any real promises. I suppose we'll see when it actually ends. 

Soooo for today's question. If your a tea drinker, what is your favourite flavour of tea? Mine has to be cinnamon spice.

Short chapter again today guys, sorry, but I love cliffhangers if you haven't noticed.  

And ya, that's it. Today's author's note is very short. (Not that anyone's really reading it anyways) 

K I'll shut up and get to writing. 

PS. The main events and the real plotline will be revealed in later chapters, just to assure y'all it's not as boring as u think it is :) 

(I say y'all alot)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I open my mouth to scream, but he quickly covers my mouth with his hand. His hand is wet, and when I smell the strong stench coming from it, I only want to scream more. 

It's blood. Blood covers his hand and now covers my mouth and majority of my lower face. I scream as long as I can, but it is not heard beyond the room because of his hand covering my source of sound. The horror in my outburst is heard against his hand, and to my own ears, making me wince at my own voice. 

"Shhh, don't wake the others from their slumber." His voice purrs, his large grin very noticable in front of my eyes. And right now, I can assure myself that he's actually smiling. His mouth is curved into a smile, and his slit cheeks only make it look bigger. 

He chuckles, his hand shaking slightly against my mouth as he continues to taunt me. 

Is he going to kill me now? His hand is blocking both my mouth and nose, so I can't breath in the oxygen that I now lack. 

I can't breathe, and now my vision is starting to blur. Is this how my last moments are going to play out? How pitiful. 

All I really wanted in life was to have a painful death, a death that I could feel, just to assure myself that I can feel anything. That my life was exisiting, and that pain was only ever compared to a sliver that I willingly bared. 

What did I want out of all this? Reasurance? 

Maybe I just want to feel pain so much becasue I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all. I'm tired of numbing myself to everything. But there's nothing to feel but pain. Have I been numbing myself, or has my life been numbing me? 

My gaping mouth finally closes in defeat, and my eyes start to close against my own will. Just as I feel his hand moving away from my mouth, I feel my body falling. My vision is dark, and my lungs are empty. My mind is blank, and I feel myself slipping away from reality, and life itself. 

Author's POV 

Jeff continued to laugh to himself, unable to control his shaking ribcage as he thought to himself what the hell was so funny. 

The young girl lying at his feet looked as if she was meerly asleep, her chest slowly rising and falling and her eyelids closed peacefully. 

Once she had passed out, her breathing regained it's own speed.

Jeff wondered to himself how long it would be until the police come to the scene, and took it upon himself not to stick around and find out. He picked up the girl and draped her body over his shoulder, carrying her with him out the door. That is why he came after all, not to simply visit then leave without her. 

He sprinted past the many bodies laying on the floor in the hallways. He ran his footsteps in many patterns, avoiding the blood on the floor. 

Whether there were anymore adults in the building at this time, he didn't know. He doubted it, but there was always a possibility of someone hiding under a desk or behind a door, too afraid to come out and face him. 

As he sprinted out the door, he heard various police sirens approaching, and he quickly ran into the forest surrounding the area. 

There was a possibility that someone had avoided him and had called the police, though that was very unlikely because of the heavy security in the building. It would have automatically alerted the authorites if there was a break in.

The body slung over his shoulder was making him run slightly slower than he usually would, but it was fairly easy to carry because of her light weight. 

When he heard voices and dogs behind him, he quickly sped up his speed and climed up a large tree. He thought to himself that they never looked there. 

When the police had caught up with his trail, they stopped under the tree he was in, due to the dogs looking around confused. They had lost his scent. 

Heh, stupid creatures. He thought to himself. 

The dogs started to head away from him and further into the forest, finding his scent trail again because he had come that way previously. 

Jeff climed down from the tree and started running the opposite direction of the police. 

He had a lot of ground to cover, so tonight he would either get tired of the body hanging over his shoulder and rest in a tree, or not sleep at all and keep moving. 

Suddenly, as he was running, the body started to stir. 

"Ugh, put me down!" She demanded. 

Jeff ignored her and continued to run, only causing her to punch his back repeatedly and kick her feet. 

He signed and put her down, but not gently. 

"You idiot, it's me!" She exclaimed, getting up from the dirty earth. 

"Oh, opps." Jeff replied, smiling smugly. 

"We have some way to go until we reach the nearest town, however, I don't want to waste any time. We have a perfect opportunity right now." She said, her voice sounding harsh, as if it were someone else's. 

"I know." Jeff replied. 

They continued walking through the forest, not saying a word to eachother, though the same thing was on both of their minds. 

Kill.