Carpool?

"Mister Downey's office."

"Yes, this is Jen Parker."

"No, I do not have a comment on that matter."

"No sir. None at all."

"Goodbye," I intoned, placing the phone back in its cradle when really I wanted to throw the whole damn thing out the window.

One of the receptionists knocked on my open door and stepped in, a stack of magazines in her grasp. I groaned aloud, knowing exactly what was coming next.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked, deadpan.

"Seems like it," she said, chuckling as she dropped them in front of me on my desk.

"Robert and the Assistant: a new power couple?"

"Electric Love?"

"Tony Stark and his Pepper"

"I do have a name, you know," I said to nobody in particular. I picked up the phone and buzzed through to Robert's phone, waving the receptionist away.

"Robert?"

"Marge?"

"Can you please come into my office?"

"Uh oh. Am I in trouble?"

"Probably."

Seconds later he came with everyone in the office watching him. Tuned in. Waiting for the next development. He was grinning as he strolled in, casually waving to an intern as they passed.

"Could you stop making a scene and come in here?"

"Yes ma'am. Am I actually in trouble?" he asked in earnest as he sat down.

"This is a PR nightmare," I said as I tossed the magazines across the desk for him to see. He let out a little chuckle, which was just a tad irritating to me. "There's random media outlets calling me up left and right, asking for anything I'll tell them about Sundance and your charity event. Everybody wants answers. What in god's name are we supposed to tell them?"

"That's up to you."

"What the hell kind of answer is that?"

"I'm in, Marge. I'm all in."

"You're...in?"

"Completely. I'm crazy about you. Is that what you want me to tell them? Because I will."

"You'd...do that?" I pondered the thought as I sank back into my chair.

"Of course I would. I mean, maybe I'm being presumptuous but I think we can both agree there's something here. Right?"

I simply nodded. It's all I could do. I'd never had much time for relationships before Tom, so the way he and I were was just normal to me. Our special "thing" had to be our little "secret". Now I'm sitting across from Robert, the man that knows me better than I know myself and he's gonna tell everyone that he's crazy about me? Talk about a major mind-fuck.

"Marge?" he snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"I'm sorry," I said, shaking myself back to reality. "So...what do you need me to do?"

"I need you to decide if you want to be my girlfriend or not. We'll go from there."

"Girlfriend, Bobby? How old are we?"

"Yeah. My girlfriend. My main squeeze? My boo? I'll call you whatever you want."

Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined that he would say those words to me. That type of a relationship with him hadn't ever hit my realm of possibilities until our trip to Utah. Needless to say, I was at a loss for words. My heart was telling me 'yes!' and my brain was saying 'whoa girl, slow down!' Which of the two I was going to listen to was still to be decided.