Damien

The Big Bang happened 13.7-billion years ago. It happened in 1/100th of a billionth of a second, and it started everything.

Lilly started everything for me.

We met at 37,000 feet above sea level. She was wearing pyjamas and pink rabbit slippers. She was the cutest thing I’d ever seen. Right from the start she fascinated me and I wanted to know more.

I realised she was someone special when she invited me to her hotel.  

And I realised I was falling in love with her when she set herself on fire.

But we fought that night, and in the morning I left her lying in bed.

And when we were apart that day, all I wanted was to be with her. She was on my mind so much… and more. I tried to find things that would trick my mind so time would pass and the thoughts would subside.

But I always found her again.

She was everywhere.

And my only way to be with her was to think of her.

So I did.

Every dish I washed had her face on it, she was at the bottom of every cup and glass and even the water reminded me of her.

And then, I saw her at the restaurant… and I just knew.

Fate.

P.S Lilly and I are scheduled to go to our second Burning Moon. I’ve never been more nervous about anything in my life because a week ago, I picked up the ring. I’ve managed to track down a rare red diamond so that it would always remind her of our first night together, under the Blood Moon. (Yeah, I can be a bit corny that way!)