Damien POV 2

I'd been trying not to look at her the whole flight, but it was hard.

The pink pajamas were almost casting a neon pink glow across the seats in front of her- forcing you to naturally look in her direction as if she was a glowing Christmas decoration. The whole thing was only exacerbated by the glare of the overhead cabin lights. But every time I did manage to steal a glance, she looked panicked, bordering on terrified.

And I wasn't the only one looking in her direction either. Most of the people on the plane were. Some were trying to be subtle others were just glaring. Some were even laughing and pointing. Bastards. I'd wanted to walk over and punch them, especially that group of tourists that had taken a picture of her.

I needed the toilet and decided that afterwards, I would go up and talk to her. I had no idea what the hell I was going to say, but she looked like she desperately needed a friend right now and no one else seemed to be volunteering for the job, in fact, it was more to the contrary. I walked in the direction of the toilet and allowed myself one quick glance at her. She had her legs crossed tightly, she was biting her bottom lip and wringing her hands. She looked like she was either in serious physical pain, or was about to committ homocide. If body language could kill, she could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

Which was something I was about to discover as I came out of the toilet.

Whack! Thump!

Something knocked into me with massive force and I stumbled a few times before falling back and hitting my head on the wall. The pain was instant and I grabbed my head and started rubbing it frantically. I still hadn't located the source of the accident but then-

"What happened," I recognized that feisty little voice immediately and looked up.

"I just got beaten up by a girl," My head was still throbbing, "That's what happened"

She looked momentarily confused and then totally mortified. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I'm so sorry." I'm sure I saw tears start welling up in her eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. It was an accident." I could feel a small bump starting to form, but thankfully the throbbing was also starting to subside.

"Oh my God! You have a bump!" She suddenly gasped."I'm so sorry." The tears looked really close to the surface now and I desperately wanted to make light of the whole situation.

"It's okay. I'll get you back when you least expect it," I said, and shot her my best playful smile.

But that seemed to have the opposite effect on her.

Fuck! I shouldn't have smiled.

Suddenly she looked frightened, as if she really was imagining me creeping up on her and whacking her over the head with something. Her eyes skated over me, I saw them pause on my Depeche Mode tattoo, and then pause again at my shoes and up to my tattoo again, then down to my shirt. I would have paid good money to hear her thoughts right now. Although I could pretty much guess the gist of them. I decided to break them.

"We haven't officially met. I'm Damian." I said, extending my hand. But she didn't shake it, instead her eyes seemed to widen even further as if she was deep in thought, processing some vital piece of information. In fact, every time I'd looked at her since we'd first met, she seemed lost in her head.

It was as if she had a massive secret world in there, a peanut gallery shouting things at her constantly. She totally intrigued me.

"I'm Lilly," She finally said, looking down at my Depeche Mode tattoo as if it were some kind of warning sign indicating life-threatening danger. And then she looked up at my face again and did something..

She smiled. It was tiny, and I could see it was forced. Like one of those smiles you give someone just to be polite but it was enough to make my stomach tighten again. Suddenly I couldn't think of a thing to say to her. Nothing. Suddenly I lost all my usual coolness and felt completely idiotic and just stood there.

Say something. Say fucking something, I urged. But my brain didn't seem to be working right now. I opened my mouth hoping something would just come out, but there was nothing.

I quickly turned and walked straight back to my seat before I made a complete idiot of myself. Ironic, I was scared of making an idiot of myself when she was dressed like that.

She fascinated me, and rendered me speechless and made me feel like I was talking to the hottest girl at school and was completely intimidated.

I liked her.

Don't ask me why, but I did.

*Never Let Me Down Again- Depeche Mode (There is nothing, NOTHING, more amazing than being in the audience during this song. Surounded by 25, 000 strangers, but all singing together and waving your arms. I walked down the aisle to this when I got married )