Realize It No. 10

Tappahannock, Virginia
May 18th, 2014
3:49pm

Matthews

"C'mere" Chris pulled me to the side of the driveway

I snatched my arm out his grip, "Get off of-"

"You gon' calm yo' ass down when you speak to me, John" He sternly stated, I groaned at him

Shooing him off, I crossed my arms over my chest as I scowled. As much as I wanted to snap at his mother, I knew I couldn't. Because if I snap, I don't stop- I keep going until I'm tired, like old school parents giving ass whoopings.

My nose flared whilst glaring at Ms. Joyce who smirked at me from the window on the first floor.

The fact that I admired a woman who disliked who I am simply hurts. She held a grudge of Chris and I getting into a fight ten years ago. Who the hell holds a grudge for a decade? Are you kidding?

"Stop" Chris' head lowered down to press his forehead against mine

"Did you know about this?" I questioned, "Did you know she hated me for this long?"

He sighed, "Yeah"

"Then why the fuck did you bring me here with you, Chris?! I could've stayed my ass at home!" I exclaimed, nudging him

His hands gripped my forearm, "She said to invite anybody-"

"So bringing somebody that she abhors was a good idea?" I inquired, "Bringing somebody who she thinks is nothing but a fuck up was a good idea? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Look" He spat, "Ion give a fuck if she hates you. You my guest, you my girl, and if she can't accept that shit then that's her problem"

"But the fact that I'm not even allowed to step foot in her fucking house is a problem!"

"Calm yo' ass down, John, shit!" He rubbed his temples, "You pissin' me off"

I ran my fingers through my hair, biting the inside of my cheek as Chris' mom came out the house. She walked with a wicked smile while she approached the side of him.

"Is everything okay?" She frowned with faux concern

Chris looked down at her, I glowered at her, "Yes" We said in unison

"Well... John" She said with pure distaste

"Mom-"

She put up her hand to interrupt, "Why are you even with my son? Everyone knows that somebody like you ain't his type" Ms. Joyce raised an eyebrow, "You're odd, you have a bad temper- even though you can't stand up for yourself- and you're overweight"

"Ma, shut the hell up" Chris retorted, "You don't know what the fuck my type is"

"Don't curse at me. I'm your mother!"

"You ain't actin' like it, man! Over here actin' like a damn-"

"As I was saying" Ms. Joyce put her attention on me, "It's okay, John. Maybe your deadbeat parents will give you advice, probably tell you the same shit I'm telling you"

Heat tempered my cheeks, my hands balling up into tight fists. I was at the middle of my countdown.

"Tell you to lose some damn weight. Tell you to go home and cry in bed because you're nothing but a fuck up. And tell you to stop messing with my son" She spat

Blacking out, I slapped the side of her face causing her head to turn. She stepped back and I moved forward, Chris pushing me back for me to stop. I was charging towards the woman- Chris was like an object being forced to move by another.