Prologue

"Nila baby, did you enjoy your day with Papa today?" asked Narain, cupping his hands around Nila's cheeks.

"Of course, Papa!" replied Nila, all smiles.

"Do you want everyday to be like this until your Mommy and Daddy come back, Nila?"

Nila grinned and nodded in agreement eagerly.

"Then, will you do one thing for Papa, baby?"

"What is it, Papa?" Nila grinned, tilting her head to the right.

"When Anu comes now, don't cry and run to her when you see her saying that you missed her. Tell her that you were very happy with Papa today. If you don't tell also, it's okay. Papa will tell her. You just agree with me, okay baby? Then Papa can look after you everyday without Anu to disturb us."

Nila beamed and nodded in agreement.

"Good girl!"

Nila giggled.

The doorbell rang.

"She's here. You stay here, baby, I'll open the door."

Narain strode over and opened the front door. Anuradha was waiting outside. They glanced at each other for a moment before turning to Nila, without a word.

"Mama!" cried Nila as she ran and flung herself into Anuradha's arms, crying. "I missed you, Mama!"

Narain stared at her, shocked and agape. He stepped forward with a frown. "Nila, what are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious? She missed me." replied Anuradha.

"But Nila baby, you were very happy with me today, right?"

Nila turned to face Narain with a grin as she nodded in agreement.

"Then why are you crying now?"

Nila shrugged with a cheeky smile.

"Were you very happy with him today?" asked Anuradha.

Nila grinned again.

"I thought you were happy with me yesterday?"

Nila giggled and nodded in agreement again.

"What is your problem, baby? You're happy with me yet when you see Anu, you go to her crying. Anu says that you were happy with her but when I return, you come to me crying too."

Nila glanced from Narain to Anuradha and back to Narain, announcing, "Like my Mommy and Daddy, I want my Mama and Papa to be with me together."

Narain and Anuradha stared at her, stunned and agape for a moment.

"No way! I can't stand a moment in the same house with her!" reacted Narain, regaining his composure and turning away.

"It won't happen. I can't live in the same house with him. Ask anything else," responded Anuradha.

Nila frowned and placed her hands on her hips, glancing from Narain to Anuradha and back, before starting a tantrum. "I want my Mama and Papa to be with me together!"

To be continued...

A/N: Please vote and comment. :)