Chapter 29

A/N: Thanks to @Lireon for making the beautiful banner above.😊

After almost an hour of playing, Nila was feeling tired. She looked around and spotted Anuradha and Narain, who were at two opposite corners of the park.

What do I do with this Papa and Mama? They don't know how to be like Mommy and Daddy at all. They should learn to hold hands and walk and talk and smile at me while I'm playing here. But no, this Mama and Papa only smile at me or look around and walk. They don't do anything else correctly. Only my Daddy and Mommy know to do everything correctly. Nila shook her head in disappointment. Now where do I go? Run to Mama or Papa? If I run to Mama, Mama will tell Papa see Nila only loves me. If I run to Papa, Papa will tell Mama Nila only loves me. What do I do now?

Nila pondered for a moment before grinning a bit, seeing the car park diagonally the same distance from Narain and Anuradha. She dashed over to Narain's car and rested herself against it, panting for breath. Noticing Nila running towards the car park, Anuradha and Narain quickly made their way towards her.

"I'm tired!" exclaimed Nila as soon as Narain and Anuradha were close enough to hear her.

"Tired already? What happened? You played a lot in school earlier, is it?" asked Narain with a smile.

Nila nodded.

"Come, let's go home then." Anuradha walked over to Nila and turned to the car.

Narain unlocked the car and Anuradha opened the door for Nila to get in before she got into the front seat beside Narain again.

As Narain drove away from the park, they passed by an ice cream parlour.

Nila instantly sat forward. "Ice cream! I want ice cream, please Papa? Please Mama? Let's have ice cream nowy?"

Anuradha glanced from Nila to Narain. "There's one ice cream parlour near the apartment."

"Yeah, we'll go there." Narain didn't take his eyes off the road.

"Yay! Nila want chocy ice cream!"

The car soon drove up to the ice cream parlour and came to a halt. The three of them stepped out of the car and walked into the ice cream parlour.

As soon as they reached the counter, Narain spoke, "One chocolate ice cream."

"For me!" added Nila to the salesman who smiled down at her.

Narain glanced at Anuradha. "One butterscotch ice cream," he stated without waiting for her to speak.

She glanced at him in shock. How does he know what ice cream I want? This guy is getting creepy.

Narain turned to her with a frown. I gave my order. Why is she taking so long to give her order?

"What ice cream do you want?" prompted Narain after waiting for a moment.

"Umm..." Anuradha trailed off. What? He took my favourite butterscotch. I thought he was talking for me. Okay, at least that's not creepy. But still, how could he choose my fav? What do I choose now then?

"Mama also like butterscotch ice cream very much so same same like Papa." Nila turned from Narain to the salesman.

Narain frowned and turned away. Why does she have to like the same?

"So one chocolate and two butterscotch?" asked the salesman.

Anuradha replied, "No, I'll have vanilla." I definitely don't wanna order the same ice cream as him.