Chapter 57

[Recap: Shiva and Shalini together with the elderly couple have two plans to help Anuradha and Narain confess their love to each other. One of the plans is by talking them into confessing it to their respective friends (Anuradha and Narain to Shalini and Shiva respectively) and urging them to confess it to each other and propose sooner. This plan seems to work as both Narain and Anuradha decide they won't waste time and will propose soon. But will they get past their insecurities and do it? The previous chapter ended with Narain asking Anuradha if she would play the piano for him.... ]

"Yeah, sure." Anuradha smiled a bit as she seated herself before the piano.

Deliberating for a moment, she lightly tapped out an octave.

Narain chuckled. "Is that all you'll play for me?"

She couldn't suppress her soft giggle as she glanced up at him. "That was just a warm up while I was thinking what you might like to hear."

"Just play anything. I love music, especially piano."

She smiled. "Well, I'll start with my last composition then."

"Last?"

"Yea, I mean, my latest one but I composed it quite long ago."

"Okay, but don't call it your last. You've got a piano of your own now, alright? You can compose many more as and whenever you wish."

"Alright, alright." She grinned.

"So, go on, play your latest piece of music."

"It's a short one, too short and it feels incomplete actually, ending on a high note." Anuradha hesitated. "Let me just play another one."

"No, no. Play it first then move to another one." He insisted.

Narain pulled up a stool to sit closer to the piano and Anuradha, in anticipation of the beautiful music she was about to play.

Slowly at first, then fast as the poem demanded, her fingers danced along the keys, like they had a mind of its own.

Flawless. Narain smiled as it left him speechless.

She ended on a high note and glanced at him. "See, it feels incomplete."

"I didn't feel so. It was simply wonderful. I loved it."

"Really?" Anuradha beamed. "Let me play another one for you. Tell me if you can recognize it."

Narain raised his eyebrow. "I'm not so familiar with much music...." He fell silent as the music started.

Again her fingers ran effortlessly along the keys, giving just the right amount of pressure and amazing him with absolutely soothing music.

She slowed down towards the end of the long piece of music and softened the pressure as the sound of the music faded. She glanced at him with eager eyes.

"Does this sound familiar to you?"

"No. I don't think so."

"Oh, it's an award-winning piano composition! So I thought you might know. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it and learnt it with much difficulty while in college."

"Wow, you played it very well."

She then played two more pieces of music. When she was finished, she just let her fingers remain on the keys of the piano.

"Lovely!" Narain smiled.

Anuradha smiled and glanced at him. It's so nice to have to some one who actually loves your music so much.