63

Shawn's Point of View:

"Alright," Ian clapped his hands together, letting out a much needed breath as he wiped his face clean of perspiration.

We all had been working on the final showdown between me and Luke for the past five hours without any breaks and to say that we were tired was an understatement. We were completely exhausted.

"We've got everything settled now all we have to do is run through it all and make sure it's perfect. We can't have ourselves fucking up." Ian looked at all three of us, his eyes lingering on me for a while before speaking up once more. "Luke picked the time and place, he knows what he's doing. We just have to make sure we're one step ahead of him."

"How can we do that if we don't even know what he's got planned?" Andrew questioned, drowsiness mixed with determination evident in his tone of voice. "I mean, if he picked the place, who's to say he won't come out guns blazing?"

I scoffed, shaking my head. "He's not as stupid as we think. He knows what he's doing for the most part; he's not idiotic enough to do that."

"Listen, we don't know what he's capable of. For all we know this could all be a setup. We have to be careful that nothing goes wrong..." Brian exclaimed, putting his two cents in as he voiced his own thoughts.

Before I had the chance to say something, Ian beat me to it. "—which is why we're settling it now. We've gone through this plan a million times, it's foolproof. We just have to be positive we do it according to plan."

I nodded, lacing my fingers together and sitting forwards, my elbows rested on my knees. "He's right."

"Of course I am." Ian smirked, playfully dusting his shoulders off causing me to roll my eyes.

"Let's not get cocky now." I chuckled, licking my lips and focusing back on the task at hand once more. "Now, let's run by this one more time." I nodded towards Ian who honorably did the talking.

"Okay, once we arrive, we stand head to head. I'm assuming he'll already be waiting for us so we wait for him to come out. Once that's over and done with, we talk, let him trash us all he wants because by the time we get started, he'll be begging on his knees for us to stop."

I smirked, rubbing my hands together. Just to know I'll finally be able to get the fucker back for all the bullshit he put me and Kelsey through was pumping me up for what was to come later tonight.

I was finally going to get my revenge.

"We've got all the guns stashed down in the basement. Shawn you've got yours on lock in the container which I'm assuming you'll be using?" Ian raised his eyebrow at me.

I firmly nodded. "When don't I use that thing?" I laughed.

Ian cracked a smile before licking his lips and smiling. "If it comes down to there being a shootout, we'll be ready for it but be smart about it. Don't let them know we have them. Let them think they've got the upper hand."

"So that way they think they're going to win and we can get them when they least expect it."

"Exactly." Ian nodded, glancing around at all of us once more. "Do we understand?"

"Yeah bro, I've practically got it engraved into my head." I chuckled, stretching my legs forwards.

"Good, you should. We don't want to fuck this up. We've let him go one too many times, its about time he pays for what he did to you and Kelsey."

I pressed my lips together at the thought of my girlfriend who's currently sleeping by herself in her bed without me there next to her. "Are we done here now?"