Chapter 9

Above ^ is the place where the reader runs off to on her bike. Imagine the city to be like with lots of tall buildings, streets here and there but with shops on both the sides as well, that is the image I want u as a reader to imagine as I think it's good for the story :)
~~~~~~~~~~

Ok...... This is good right?..... Having a bicycle now meant that you can get to the city earlier right?

With a huff and a pull, the bike after a while, finally gave up and was finally pulled out of the bush. You growled as you set up the bike and rubbed your now aching muscles. "Curse my puny muscles." You grumbled under your breath. After regaining the feelings back in your arms, you swung a leg over the bike and began peddling over towards the city. You were thankful that there still was air in the tires. Not much, but enough to last throughout the journey. But coming back home might be a little difficult.

What had originally taken three hours of walking to the city had now decreased to just two hours thanks to that trusty bike of yours. But unfortunately, all good things come to an end, and that included the air from the tires. You didn't mind all that much, seeing that you already had reached the foot of the city. You got off the bike and left it leaning against a nearby wall.

You couldn't remember the last time you came to this place. There was so many people just walking back and forth, cars, trucks lorries you name it, were all on the roads beeping their horns. It was so bright as well. After all that time spending about what, half of your life in that cell, you realized you had missed so much. There were definitely a lot more people back then, now it was hardly half of the amount as you could see very few people walking behind you.

Looking around, you noticed the old cheesecake shop that you used to visit with your brother. Seeing it again would've bought back good memories, only if it didn't look so run down and broken. Looking at it sadly, you noticed how shady it looked, as if no one has been there or even cleaned it for years. Walking towards the old building, you could see a big CLOSED on the old display window painted in red paint in huge capital letters.

Running a hand down the letter 'S', you peeked into the window using your hands to carefully wipe away the small bits of dust that was on the glass. Trying your best to see around inside, you could see chairs and tables inside all over the place, slightly noticing cobwebs in the roof, and seeing a huge wet puddle in one corner of the building room. Probably from a leakage of some sort from one of the pipes above the shop ceiling.

Noticing someone walking behind you from the window's reflection, you quickly turned around to face them and jogged up slowly to them. "Excuse me ma'am." You asked politely (A/N: no child u ain't no mean bitcho) as you tapped on the old lady's shoulder. She was the ones that you'd always find walking in movies along the streets all alone, with nothing but a large maroon coat, small but comfy shoes, scarves wrapped on their head as they drag a trolley behind them. You continued. "But do you know what happened to the cheesecake shop?"

The old lady looked at you, shaking her head as she smiled softly at you and waved her hand in the air as she told you what happened in her old granny voice.

"They shut down the place 'bout three years ago girl, folks say business was going bankrupt or some crap like that. I just think they were too busy eatin' the cakes 'em selves to bother selling the customers any." You smiled and chuckled as you heard her swore nodding your head, giving her a 'thank you ma'am' and a goodbye wave as you watched her walk away on her small legs as you heard her mumbling "what a nice child" over and over again. As she was gone from your sight, you looked back at the cheesecake shop. You gave a small, unnoticeable frown as you wished nothing but the shops reopening. Abbie's Cheesecakes was the first place you wanted to come and visit, so this was a big let down. You wanted to look around a bit more and not just leave the city unexplored after years of being away from it. You were curious to see what else had changed.

Taking a quick look at the public clock, you realized that it was still seven thirty. You knew that today of all days, you could take your time. Because the drunk men back at your cell building had drank five times as much as they usually did, and when they each drink more than three beer bottles each, their weak and pathetic minds can never handle so much alcohol, resulting them to all pass out throughout the whole day until about five in the morning. So you quickly did the math and decided you had roughly around ten to eleven hours to spend in the city before you had to run and quickly find your way back into your cell before any one caught and found out about your mini trips outside your cell. Living with them for five years had its perks.

Walking on ahead, you looked around the other shops, stopping for a few seconds briefly to look at them before continuing to make your way over to the other shops. Coming closer to the road, you ignored the red stop sign at the zebra crossing on the road as you realized that there weren't many cars on the street, and made your way at the other side of the road.

Your heart nearly leapt out of your chest when he heard a loud beeping noise and white lights coming in your direction. Looking at your right you noticed a huge black pick up truck coming in your direction with music blaring loudly out from the open windows. (Refer to picture below)

You gave a loud yelp as you thought ahead and jumped quickly to the side of the road and onto the side walk

You gave a loud yelp as you thought ahead and jumped quickly to the side of the road and onto the side walk. As the pick up truck zoomed furiously past you, loud whooping noises and hollering could be heard as the truck went down further the road.

Furious and angry that you were nearly run over by a bunch of stupid party animals who probably didn't care about anything in the world but beer and sex, you furiously marched into the middle of the road and yelled as loudly as you could without thinking.

"I'M CALLING THE COPS!!!"

Now everything seemed in slow motion from that point on, because the car came to a halt and the loud obnoxious music suddenly stopped. It was as if someone had let out a loud 'shhhhh', and dared anyone or anything to make a noise. And then you began to think, was that the smartest move you've ever made?

Before you could answer your own question, someone's head suddenly popped out of the black pick up truck's window as he looked at you. He looked angry for a moment before he suddenly yelled, "Get that bitch!!" And then, your life could never have sucked any more than it did until the truck started again and swiveled around to switch directions as it was now zooming towards you.

Turning around and now running for your life while chanting "SHIT SHIT SHIT" quietly in your head, you had come to a conclusion, that this was indeed in fact,

The most dumbest move you've ever made.