Chapter 10

Running down the streets as fast as you could, you continued cursing in your head. You just had to yell 'I'm calling the cops' eh? Smartest fucking thing you've ever done. Someone please give this girl a grammie award.

The truck continued to follow you, the yells from the people inside not stopping. You could feel your heart thumping against your chest heavily that it almost hurt. You kept breathing in a fast pace as you tried not to slow down. Now normally you aren't scared of a couple of bullies, but these people you decide are on a whole new level, and you did not want to be here when it happened.

They had turned on their loud music a couple of minutes ago, so you figured that it might've looked a little weird from someone else's eyes if they were to see the state that you are in. A big truck, blaring with loud shrieks and music chasing a young girl. Yup, definitely weird.

There still were no other people or cars around, so calling out for help would be useless, so thinking you could be clever and loose the truck that was hot on your trail, you quickly skidded into a nearby alleyway (refer to picture above) and kept on running. You heard a sharp and very loud SCREECH come from behind you, and you slowly stopped running, took in deep breaths to regain your proper breathing pattern and turned around to see the car not following you anymore, only stopped in its tracks.

Grinning in victory, you let out a loud airy "HA!!" and pointed mockingly at the truck. "Can't fit your big ass truck in this small alleyway can ya? Huh? Looks like I was too smart for all your dumb brains you low life idiots!!" Ok, maybe you went too far when you said that, but how in the world can they even touch you when their freaking jeep can't fit through this narrow place? You're untouchable right now! But then the truck suddenly reversed and out appeared 3-5 motorbikes from their sides. Your shoulders slumped and your mini happy dance came to a halt. You let a sigh.

"Fuck my life." You mumbled as you once again began to run, this time from a bunch of bulky motorcyclists who were all dressed in black and jeans who were all yelling and hollering.

~~~~~~~~

'Shit shit shit shit shit.' You continued to curse once more. You were seriously gonna pass out if you didn't stop to catch your breath. Your legs weren't gonna run forever and the bikers behind you aren't going to stop catching you until you do. You needed to think, and fast.

Light fog was soon creeping in, it's very dark now, the only thing allowing you to still see were the tiny street lamps that were placed every now and then. You suddenly heard gunshots from behind you. Great, now they have guns on them..... Looking around desperately for any signs of escape, you managed to (though hardly) spot a nearby alleyway on your left side. Narrowing your eyes, you had to make sure that it was actually there. It's because there was no street lamp that you couldn't see it, but luckily your sharp eyes caught it.

Just as one of the bikers came up right behind you and stretched out his hand to grab you, you made a sharp turn left. Loosing your sudden balance at the turn, your ankle twisted and you fell rolling on your side, scraping your knees and getting your clothes dirty. The bikers zipped past you and continued their yells. Did they notice your sudden escape?

Whatever, you weren't going to stick around and find out. Taking a few seconds to catch your breath, you managed to shakily get on your knees as you dashed to look for a place to hide. Looking around in a hurry, you managed to find your only source of escaping alive:

 Looking around in a hurry, you managed to find your only source of escaping alive:

(That picture above idk what it's really called)

It was one of those holes in the ground that usually led up to those sewer systems. You made a face, this is NOT your cup of tea. But what choice did you really have? 'It's now or never ' you thought as you took a deep breath and heaved it open. Succeeding after a few tries, you lifted it up, and slowly placed your feet on the ladders that were placed inside that led deeper and deeper underneath the ground. Looking down, you shivered. It was pitch black, you couldn't see the bottom and you had no idea how far down it was.

Hearing the motorcyclists behind you, you realized that you had only a matter of a few seconds before your life could possibly end today.

"Death path number two it is."  You mumbled as you hurryingly climbed into the hole and closed the lid over you just in time as the bikers wizzed right by again, just missing you as they drove away.

You let out a huge and loud sigh of relief. You were finally safe. "For now." You said grumpily out loud. "Why is this stuff happening to me only!?" You cringed as you heard your voice echo beneath you. You looked down, it was hella dark. You couldn't even see your hand infront of you. Shaking your head at your rotten luck, you began to slowly climb downwards. If your lucky enough, you might find a way out of here.

It took you a good five minutes as you continued to climb down. You actually had to be very careful because a few of the steps on the ladder were broken and you nearly fell to your death around two minutes ago. It was actually pretty scary, because it was still dark and you had no knowledge of how much further down you had to go.

You continued to monitor the ground beneath you every few seconds, and soon you saw a small light shinning underneath you. Getting excited because of this sighting, you continued to climb down now in a hurry. The light underneath you became bigger and bigger, and you soon felt you foot touching the ground. Oh thank god. Placing both feet on the ground, you took in a deep victory breath, but then immediately regretted it as you began coughing.

It was then when you realized just how bad the place smelled. It was a strange mixture of scents. Regaining your breathing in control, you took another whiff of the new air that you were now in. Of course there was the slight disgusting smell of the sewer, but there was something else mixed with the air.

"Wait.... Is..... Is that-"

Blood.