The Date

We say a small greeting and he offers his arm. I take it without hesitation and he smiles. He walks me out to the stables in silence. When we get there we look at all of the horses "which one do you want to ride?" He asked.

I looked around at all the horses and one stands out to me. It was a white stallion. It was beautiful! I let go of his arm and walked over to it. I rubbed the horse's nose. He walked up behind me "that's Beauty" he said and I turned to face him. "Can I ride her?" I asked hopefully and he nodded "of course." I smiled and left to grab a saddle. He was next to me the whole time. I grabbed the saddle and almost fell over with how heavy it was. He reached over and grabbed it from me. I thanked him and went to prepare the horses, he put the saddles on when I was done. I started to get on my horse when he stopped me. I turned and looked at him with a confused look. He grinned and handed me a helmet. I nodded and took the helmet and put it on "better?" I asked. He nodded "better" he agreed.

Once we were on our horses he trotted out of the stables. I looked at him because I didn't know where we were going and he smiled and lead the way. I followed behind him until he turned around and motioned for me to come so we were riding side by side. I did. He glanced over at me "So Rosemary, can you tell me a little about yourself?" I take a minute to gather my thoughts, I wasn't sure if I should tell him about my diabetes, I glanced at him and decided that he didn't have to know. I then take a deep breath and begin " I am 17 years old, I am a 3, I am the youngest of 4 kids, by older brother has a daughter Amelia, she is 2.." I take a deep breath before I continue "My father died almost a year ago" I choked back tears. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that he was looking at me with a concerned expression, so I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face. I was on a date with a prince I reminded myself.

Jason and I talked for a while (and I made sure to stay away from the subject of my diabetes) I heard my stomach growl and I looked up at the sun, it was probably around 2 pm and I sighed. I needed food, and fast. "How much longer until we reach our destination?" I asked quietly. Jason looked at me "about 15 minutes." I groaned internally. Fifteen minutes was definitely pushing at my limits. My face must have showed some worry because he smiled reassuringly at me "you can do it!" I smile at Jason weakly and nod. About five minutes later the fatigue hit me and I almost fell off me horse. I grabbed the reins hard and the horse stopped. I put my head on the horses neck and tried to breath. I feel someone rubbing my back and I looked over quietly. Jason had gotten off his horse and come over to me and was now rubbing my back gently. I sigh softly and close my eyes again trying to rest for a minute so that I could keep going. "Are you okay?" Jason asked after a minute and I nodded "this happens if I don't eat" I explain without giving the whole story. He continues to rub my back "the food is about 10 minutes away if we ride the horses, do you think you can make it?" I nod and sit up slowly. I hold onto the reins as he climbed back onto his horse. He walked his horse a little behind mine so he could watch me. I sighed and slumped in the saddle as we approached. After what felt like days, we finally arrived. It was beautiful their was a large blanket spread out under a large shady tree, a simple but cute picnic basket lay on the blanket. I start to get off my horse but it is more of a fall. Luckily Jason was there and he caught me in his arms. I smiled up at him weakly and he carries me to the blanket. He sets me down gently and goes through the picnic basket, while I wait I have a sudden jabbing pain in my abdomen and before I can even think, I scream. Jason looks over at me with a concerned look on his face and kneels next to me "what's wrong?" He asked quietly. I whimper and point to my abdomen then suddenly I feel a churning in my stomach and I stand up and stumble to a bush before I start to throw up. I retch for a while while Jason holds back my hair and rubs my back. When their is nothing left inside me I sit on the grass and begin to cry. I had never had anything like this happen to me before. I sat on the grass my head between my knees and I rocked back and forth slowly as I cried. After a moment Jason sits next to me and picks me up putting me on his lap. I continue to cry I can't think, I feel like have just been stabbed in the gut. I top it all off I can't see or think. I lay my head on Jason's shoulder and whimper quietly. He rubs his hand on my arm soothingly and I close my eyes, soon falling into a dark dreamless sleep.

That took so long to write, I also took forever with trying to find symptoms of the illness she has. Does anyone know what it is?
Ps. I do Not own the selection.